PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Error removing kio-umountwrapper after uninstalling Kubuntu Desktop

carlolovearianne
July 23rd, 2008, 04:52 PM
I tried installing the kubuntu desktop package but after an hour or so I decided I didn't like it.The command sudo aptitude remove kubuntu-desktop didn't really do anything and I have to manually remove the KDE applications in Synaptic. I also managed to remove the Kubuntu boot splash but I can't seem to remove kio-unmountwrapper:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
kio-umountwrapper
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 111kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
(Reading database ... 124866 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing kio-umountwrapper ...
No diversion `diversion of /usr/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/media_safelyremove.desktop by kio-umountwrapper', none removed
No diversion `diversion of /usr/share/apps/dolphin/servicemenus/media_safelyremove.desktop by kio-umountwrapper', none removed
Removing `diversion of /usr/share/apps/d3lphin/servicemenus/media_safelyremove.desktop to /usr/share/apps/d3lphin/servicemenus/media_safelyremove.desktop.distrib by kio-umountwrapper'
dpkg-divert: error checking `/usr/share/apps/d3lphin/servicemenus/media_safelyremove.desktop': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing kio-umountwrapper (--remove):
subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
kio-umountwrapper
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Please help.

tuxxy
July 23rd, 2008, 04:55 PM
Wise decison on removing it ;)

sudo apt-get remove kde*

carlolovearianne
July 23rd, 2008, 05:05 PM
Wise decison on removing it ;)

sudo apt-get remove kde*

I was just bored and decided to try it out but I was overwhelmed by the by the sea of options:) It just looked too busy and bloated for me.

Now I can't even do a sudo apt-get upgrade without the kio-unmount error message breathing down my neck.

Any ideas?

gjoellee
July 26th, 2008, 01:26 AM
what I did, is write the following command
sudo apt-get install kio-umountwrapper and let it install, then just
sudo apt-get install <the next package that is broken or something> and it should be fine!