PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Konquest in Gnome

HieroPosche
July 23rd, 2008, 12:14 PM
I've been using slackware 12 for a while, but decided to swap back to Ubuntu since I was having issues getting my BCM4309 working properly. (I used Ubuntu before Slack and never had issues getting the wireless to work)

But one thing I can't do without from KDE is the Konquest. For some reason I just love that game.e proper

I grabbed it from the Add/Remove Programs list, but it didn't install into the games menu as I expected it to. There is a file in

/usr/share/app-install/desktop

and an icon for it in

usr/share/app-intall/icons

I added a path to the file in the games menu, but recieve message that I don't have permissions to the path. (I also cannot change the icon for the path to the one in the /usr/share/app-install/icons folder as it doesn't seem to recognize any of the many many icons there for some reason...)

I'm not sure if a chmod command to change the permissions on the file would allow me to execute it, but still being somewhat noobish I wanted to find out for sure before I started messing around with permissions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LaRoza
July 23rd, 2008, 12:49 PM
Try running it from the command line:

konquest

If it works, run a:

which konquest

and make a shortcut to that file.

If it doesn't, post the errors here.

HieroPosche
July 23rd, 2008, 05:10 PM
Worked like a charm, thank you.

CurtM
June 28th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Try running it from the command line:

konquest
If it works, run a:

which konquest
and make a shortcut to that file.

If it doesn't, post the errors here.

Hi! I did part of what you said, but I'm not sure what to do next. When I try to run Konquest (from the menu), the disc drive runs for a few seconds, but nothing happens. I don't get any error message.

I took your advice and ran Konquest from a terminal window, and it runs great. I then typed "which konquest" and got "/usr/games/konquest"

I can't seem to edit the Konquest entry in the menu. I can right click on Konquest in the menu, and change the properties (command). I can then click cancel or ok. I click "ok" but it doesn't save my changes.

I am running Lubuntu 10.04. Do you know what I should do? Perhaps I need to be logged in as root? How do I do that? Thanks for your help.
CurtM