PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Server (HH)/WS PS2 Input Unresponsive

JoneYee
July 23rd, 2008, 12:37 AM
Hello All,

Been lurking around as a guest for a while as I learned Ubuntu and have a successful install running on a client machine.

Today I wanted to move forward with converting my office completely over to Ubuntu.

I am planning to use an HP Pavilion Slimline as my file/ftp server, however I am running into a problem during installation.

The first Ubuntu splash screen for initial language selection comes up and I select English, and then I select Install Ubuntu Server. Once the Kernel Loads, I am again prompted for a language selection, and at this point the keyboard and mouse (both ps/2) are non-responsive.

I have verified the peripheral HW is working correctly on the same machine by booting to the still existing win2k3sp2 that is on a separate hard drive.

I booted to the Ubuntu Hardy Heron live CD on the same machine and my mouse and keyboard are also not responsive within the live environment.

Plugging in a Wireless USB mouse gives me response in the Live pre Install Workstation environment.

Is there an bug with Hard Heron (WS or Server) recognizing PS2, or is this simply a matter of this specific set of hardware not working properly with this release?

I have flashed my BIOS to current from the manufacturer and checked USB/PS2 and PCI Bus settings to make sure all interfaces are enabled on the HW side.

Any advice would be appreciated.

JoneYee
July 23rd, 2008, 01:03 AM
Of course, it would have been very helpful to remember that I had an AMD 64 proc and download the correct version of HH Server for my chipset.

All good, install proceeding.