PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing nero for linux

David Canarias
July 22nd, 2008, 11:39 PM
I'm getting nowhere trying to make an mp3 music disc from audio and nobody from the forum is helping!!!
I downloaded the sample package of Nero and it's now in my downloads file on the desktop.
Being new to Ubuntu, I have no idea how to install the program to try it. Can anybody please hold my hand and show me thru how to install....
Many thanks from a desperate new and enthusiastic Linux user..

Vakman
July 22nd, 2008, 11:42 PM
Which package did you download? Also if Nero doesn't work there are other programs... but yes, which package? I am looking at the site.

yragrelluf
July 22nd, 2008, 11:42 PM
nero is for windows. you could use it with wine, but there are numerous open source alternatives in the repos, but an audio cd burner is built right into ubuntu.

Vakman
July 22nd, 2008, 11:44 PM
nero is for windows.
http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-linux3-trial.php <-- I am assuming this is the site he used? Take a look yragrelluf? I agree though, he could just use the one built it.

bodhi.zazen
July 22nd, 2008, 11:44 PM
Why nero ?

Why not K3b ?

And can you give more information or a link to your problem ?

RomeReactor
July 23rd, 2008, 12:05 AM
I'm getting nowhere trying to make an mp3 music disc from audio and nobody from the forum is helping!!!
I downloaded the sample package of Nero and it's now in my downloads file on the desktop.
Being new to Ubuntu, I have no idea how to install the program to try it. Can anybody please hold my hand and show me thru how to install....
Many thanks from a desperate new and enthusiastic Linux user..

Hi. You posted your K3B (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=5379997#post5379997) questions (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=5379793#post5379793) in the archive area of the forums, which is probably why you didn't get a response.

To rip an audio CD you can use SoundJuicer (Applications->Sound & Video->Audio CD Extractor), and to burn an audio CD use Brasero (Applicacionst->Sound & Video->Brasero Disc Burning).

mkvnmtr
July 23rd, 2008, 12:09 AM
There is a site Klik that lets you download applications to your desktop or hone folder and run them from there. I saw the have nero. I tried Opera 9.5 and it worked fine on my powerpc Mac but after a reinstall of Ubuntu I couldnot get it to open. Looks like something you could try. If it does not work you can put the app and the program in the trash and are left witn=h only a lib that you have to download from Ubuntu repositorys. It is right at the top of the page when you google it.

ace007
July 23rd, 2008, 12:40 AM
"sound-juicer" comes installed by default in gnome. Its pretty easy to use and is linux native. Just let nero go...

kaibob
July 23rd, 2008, 01:01 AM
Being new to Ubuntu, I have no idea how to install the program to try it. Can anybody please hold my hand and show me thru how to install.... Many thanks from a desperate new and enthusiastic Linux user..Nero Linux is a deb package. Just open Nautilus and double-click on the file--it will install.