PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No Applications+Places+System Access

texas.chef94
July 22nd, 2008, 09:46 PM
When I booted to ubuntu 8.04 much to my shock and dismay desktop only with my limited icons. No panel either. Any suggestions for recovery
Thanks
Allen

bhadotia
July 22nd, 2008, 09:54 PM
When I booted to ubuntu 8.04 much to my shock and dismay desktop only with my limited icons. No panel either. Any suggestions for recovery
Thanks
Allen
What special things did you do last time you logged in?
Try rebooting.
How are you accessing the net?

northern lights
July 22nd, 2008, 10:16 PM
Press "Alt+F2" and run
gnome-panel

Should it be gone again after rebooting, run the above again and navigate to "System > Preferences > Sessions" and add it to the "Startup Programs".

texas.chef94
July 22nd, 2008, 11:20 PM
Press "Alt+F2" and run
gnome-panel

Should it be gone again after rebooting, run the above again and navigate to "System > Preferences > Sessions" and add it to the "Startup Programs".
Ok Alt+f2 did nothing. The desktop remained constant. I assume +f2 was intended to get me to terminal. Would have been nice. To give you additional info when I click on browser and brought to ubuntu welxome screen I have file-edit-history-bookmarks-tools-help and that is in firebox 3 beta 5.

Allen

northern lights
July 22nd, 2008, 11:31 PM
Not quite to the terminal - Alt+F2 was supposed to open the "Run Application" dialog - it did not?

texas.chef94
July 22nd, 2008, 11:43 PM
Ok all solved. I rebooted again and again trying Alt+f2 and finally took. All back to normal. Thank you so much