PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem with the installation of Vuze 3.1.1.0!!

libe
July 22nd, 2008, 07:04 PM
Can anyone guide me through the installation process of the new Azureus client-renamed Vuze!
I did exactly as the "How to" (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=144546&highlight=installing+vuze) instructs but with no results!
I don't have the given output from the terminal but told me something about sun java and the strange thing is that it's been already installed successfully!
Any help appreciated!
Thx in advance!

Partyboi2
July 23rd, 2008, 02:57 PM
I don't have the given output from the terminal but told me something about sun java and the strange thing is that it's been already installed successfully! Can you provide the output you are having problems with?
what happens when you type vuze in the terminal?

fs3rp4
July 23rd, 2008, 03:09 PM
Do you have this package installed?

sun-java6-jre

libe
July 23rd, 2008, 06:59 PM
Can you provide the output you are having problems with?
what happens when you type vuze in the terminal?

***@***-desktop:~$ sudo tar jxvf Vuze_3.1.1.0_linux.tar.bz2 -c /opt/
[sudo] password for ***:
tar: You may not specify more than one `-Acdtrux' option
Try `tar --help' or `tar --usage' for more information.
***@***-desktop:~$

Do you have this package installed?
sun-java6-jre
Yes

Partyboi2
July 24th, 2008, 01:24 AM
You need to use a capital C not a lower c
so try

sudo tar jxvf Vuze_3.1.1.0_linux.tar.bz2 -C /opt/

libe
July 24th, 2008, 01:51 AM
You need to use a capital C not a lower c
so try

This is what i'm getting now:
[code}***@***-desktop:~$ tar: Vuze_3.1.1.0_linux.tar.bz2: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors[/code]

Partyboi2
July 24th, 2008, 04:23 AM
This is what i'm getting now:
[code}***@***-desktop:~$ tar: Vuze_3.1.1.0_linux.tar.bz2: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors[/code]
make sure you are in the correct directory, so if the vuze file you downloaded is on your Desktop in the terminal type

cd ~/Desktop then extract

libe
July 24th, 2008, 10:54 AM
I'm already in the correct directory which is "desktop",just take a closely look at the previous output "***@***-desktop:~$"!
What the F@@@?

Partyboi2
July 24th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Lets see if I can explain this another way. When I open a terminal the prompt looks like this:

karl@karl-desktop:~$ This is my /home directory. This is not my Desktop directory. If I was to get a list of what is in this directory I would type:

ls I would see that it does not list the package I am wanting to extract. But If I wanted to change to my Desktop directory I would type:

cd ~/Desktop That is Desktop with a capital D, my prompt would now look like this:

karl@karl-desktop:~/Desktop$ and then typed

ls I would see the files that are on my Desktop including the Vuze_3.1.1.0_linux.tar.bz2 file that needs to be extracted. :)