PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Questions About Using A Jailbroken iPod Touch

Bosconian
July 22nd, 2008, 06:24 PM
I am in two minds at the moment, sell my iPod Touch or Jailbreak it. Before I make that decision I wondered if someone can answer for me.

If I Jailbreak my iPod Touch, can I then do everything with it that I would be able to do if using iTunes in Windows. i.e.:

1. Copy music across (I guess that one is obvious otherwise it would be pointless.

2. Copy Videos across to it

3. Copy photos across to it

4. Install apps from the AppStore

5. Sync with a calendar/contact application

munkyboy
July 22nd, 2008, 07:42 PM
Im have a Ipod touch and struggle getting it to work stince the firmware update on ubuntu at all.

so you cant copy music or videos across untill a jailbreak is released. After that you can set amarok to do it via wifi (its still a bit patchy) You can still install apps from appstore using your wifi connection directley to your touch.

Even once its jailbroken i'm not aware of any way of syncing calander and contacts.

the ipod is the only thing I use vista for now as its the only reliable way of getting it to work. As the firmware 2 has closed all ways of getting stuff onto your ipod without itunes. I dont really see this changing in the future as even a jailbreak wont fix it