PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] A Program That Can...

Johnathannn
July 22nd, 2008, 12:25 AM
Hello! I was looking for a (or more than one) program that can do these things...
1. Edit .avi movies and burn them to a dvd that you can watch in a dvd player.
2. Create Video CD's capable of viewing in dvd players.
3. Copy PURCHASED DVD's onto the computer, then back them up by putting them onto a DVD.
SOOOOO, basically I need a program that can do what Nero does (http://www.nero.com/enu/products.html) AND what Slysoft Products do (http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonedvd.html...http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html)
IF anybody could tell me a or more than one program that can do these things, could you please give me some ideas:confused:

scragar
July 22nd, 2008, 12:28 AM
DeVeDe can convert avi to ISO for DVDs, while K3B is great for making VCDs. Unsure about editing video, but acid::rip and k9copy are both excelent programs for ripping dvd's provided you've installed the ubuntu-restricted-extras package.

Johnathannn
July 22nd, 2008, 12:41 AM
Thanks dude, are there any more suggestions?

Johnathannn
July 22nd, 2008, 12:44 AM
PLEASE, I'm really looking how to edit movie files that are on my computer... any suggestions?

SunnyRabbiera
July 22nd, 2008, 12:44 AM
Video editing is still behind on linux sorry to say, but there are projects that are promising (like kdenlive)

Johnathannn
July 22nd, 2008, 12:49 AM
So... there's absolutely no video editing programs for linux? lol that sucks, but understandable... ALSO, if I want to backup my purchased dvd of spiderman 3, would I only use the program k9copy, or would I need to use anything else?????

Johnathannn
July 22nd, 2008, 12:50 AM
Oh, and I want to put that back-up onto another blank DVD so I can view it in a DVD player...

cjv8888
July 22nd, 2008, 12:53 AM
For video editing, I run a Windows program - ConvertXtoDVD under Wine successfully. It's the only program I know that will input subtitles into the movie file and can also convert consecutive avi files. If anyone knows of another program that can do this well I would be glad to know too. :)

Johnathannn
July 22nd, 2008, 12:59 AM
WAIT, so should I use k9copy for what I said earlier...or more than that program?

scragar
July 22nd, 2008, 01:02 AM
k9copy will back it up into an ISO in a similar way to DVDshrink for windows, from the iso you can then burn as many copies as required, although it's illegal to and copies for family and freinds you know, personal use only. :P

Johnathannn
July 22nd, 2008, 01:04 AM
Hahaha, thanks alot... Oh, I know all about legal issues:P Don't worry:lolflag:

oldos2er
July 22nd, 2008, 04:44 AM
I like avidemux for editing videos.

wirelessmonkey
July 22nd, 2008, 05:06 AM
I use cinelerra for editing videos...

lisati
July 22nd, 2008, 05:08 AM
So... there's absolutely no video editing programs for linux? lol that sucks, but understandable... ALSO, if I want to backup my purchased dvd of spiderman 3, would I only use the program k9copy, or would I need to use anything else?????
There are a handful of video editing tools. You might want to start by checking out Kino.