PDA

View Full Version : When SAP ERP goes bad :| !!!

fatality_uk
July 21st, 2008, 12:12 PM
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07/10/levis_erp_costs/
Wow. That's a BAD implementation. 98% profit fall.

I REALLY wouldn't like to be the IT manager who said, "Yeah SAP. That's rock solid. Lets go with that"

geekygirl
July 21st, 2008, 12:44 PM
lol we use SAP and have never had any of the issues mentioned in that article

fatality_uk
July 21st, 2008, 12:50 PM
I dragged SAP in last year to look at an implementation and they were too vague for my liking. I have heard this a few times. When SAP works, it's brilliant. When it goes wrong, a nuclear fallout shelter wont be enough to save you from the fallout!!

newbie_one_kinobi
July 22nd, 2008, 08:47 AM
Hi geekygirl, you seemed familiar with SAP, is it possible to install SAP B1 client on a ubuntu 7.x? I'm just a novice to linux, or how could I install any additional applications on linux? your help is greatly appreciated, thnaks...

geekygirl
July 23rd, 2008, 10:36 AM
Hi geekygirl, you seemed familiar with SAP, is it possible to install SAP B1 client on a ubuntu 7.x? I'm just a novice to linux, or how could I install any additional applications on linux? your help is greatly appreciated, thnaks...

Sorry I don't have any idea about that. I know about SAP as far as using it to search for items our warehouse has in stock, its layout on screen and that we use it. So you might say I am merely a novice when it comes to SAP, I know and understand Ubuntu a lot more though ;)