PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] [SOLVED] kde 4.1 taskmanager

funnypanks
July 21st, 2008, 12:56 AM
it seems the task manager widget in kde 4.1 doesn't use up all available space for example look at my pic, the open windows don't span the whole bar

thanks in advance

DrHu
July 21st, 2008, 05:13 AM
it seems the task manager widget in kde 4.1 doesn't use up all available space
For OpenOffice adjust the window scaling in their Tools>Options>View
--see if that issue is on their bugs list..
http://bugs.kde.org/simple_search.cgi?id=kde+4.1+taskbar

funnypanks
July 21st, 2008, 05:10 PM
For OpenOffice adjust the window scaling in their Tools>Options>View
--see if that issue is on their bugs list..
http://bugs.kde.org/simple_search.cgi?id=kde+4.1+taskbar

thanks for the reply but i was talking about the bottom of the pic where the openoffice things on the taskbar are compressed in that little area instead of stretching until the battery

apswartz
July 21st, 2008, 05:37 PM
Well, in KDE3 I would say it was because the taskmanager itself wasn't stretched all the across the available space. But I'm still trying to figure out KDE4.1 for myself ;-)

benerivo
July 21st, 2008, 05:58 PM
It stretches all the way over the available space on my 4.1 panel. Try making a new panel, adding some widgets along with a task manager, then right clicking an dgoing to panel settings, and start dragging widgets and the panel across to see if you can get it to work. It might be that something is there in the dead space but you just can't see it. I know at one point a lost some program icons, but later found that they were still there it was just that i couldn't see them.

funnypanks
July 21st, 2008, 07:11 PM
It stretches all the way over the available space on my 4.1 panel. Try making a new panel, adding some widgets along with a task manager, then right clicking an dgoing to panel settings, and start dragging widgets and the panel across to see if you can get it to work. It might be that something is there in the dead space but you just can't see it. I know at one point a lost some program icons, but later found that they were still there it was just that i couldn't see them.

big fat thank you to u sir. worked perfectly. now im afraid to log out, last few time logging out caused me to mess up my widgets, wish me lucK

apswartz
July 21st, 2008, 07:14 PM
lock the widgets

funnypanks
July 21st, 2008, 07:29 PM
ubuntu has the best community ever! its perfect now