PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unreal Tournament 2004 Not Working

XRichX
July 20th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Hello all,

I got everything working (Again) and i decided to install Unreal 2004, well i need to a I'm a member of staff at my clan. I an't dual boot because XP just doesn't want to work on my PC no more, hence why im just soloy using Ubuntu now.

I just have one problem, i install Unreal Tournament sucessfully through the terminal and i cans tart it up, i hear sound and i can get to the main menu and hear the sound of the options being highlighted with my mouse movements, this is all with a blank screen, no output. this is also a problem in XP, which is where the 3369 patch comes in.

So i get the patch and install that into the UT2004 folders fine, but now Unreal 2004 just doesn't start up, i try through the terminal, through the menu, even in the UT 2004 directory. But nothing happens, not even the splash screen shows, also the UT process never starts according to system monitor.

I tried it in Wine as it wont work (even though it is natively LINUX compatible) and it works fine with the patch too but the mouse doesnt let you look around with your character on the screen very well and thats a real disadvantage in gameplay.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I have read around the forums but can't really find a solution.