PDA

View Full Version : How did u come to know about www.ubuntuforums.org?

sharks
July 20th, 2008, 03:20 PM
How did u come to know about www.ubuntuforums.org?

Ekolost
July 20th, 2008, 03:33 PM
I just Googled Ubuntu forums

sharks
July 20th, 2008, 03:37 PM
i came to know when i googled for ubuntu problems and it gave me a link of Ubuntu Forums

keiichidono
July 20th, 2008, 10:15 PM
I gained knowledge of it from a search of "Ubuntu" in Google search.

smartboyathome
July 20th, 2008, 10:36 PM
I can't actually remember how I found out about it. I know how I found out about Ubuntu, but not the forums. I think it was from the web site or something. :p

dizee
July 20th, 2008, 10:40 PM
i can't remember how, but this

I gained knowledge of it from a search of "Ubuntu" in Google search.
was probably it.

cardinals_fan
July 20th, 2008, 10:46 PM
I didn't join until after I left Ubuntu (I'm back now, long story). But I found it while searching for info on my wireless adapter's drivers and Linux.

kspringer
July 20th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Remember it well. One afternoon, several years ago, after being informed I needed to upgrade my anti-virus, I attempted to upgrade my anti-virus. I was informed I had an illegal copy of Windows on my computer and I couldn't install the anti-virus. I had a legal copy of Windows. I called the toll-free number.

After a few hours on the phone, and being made to feel like someone who pirated software (because they couldn't fix the problem), and WITHOUT resolution, I ended up fixing the problem via an internet connection with Microsoft. I still don't know or understand what happened.

I threw up my hands, googled "linux", and discovered there were 200+ flavors of linux. Took a test to see which one I'd like. Ubuntu was listed. I'd never HEARD of Ubuntu!

Went to the site and from there to the forums. The "Breezy" days. Saw immediately the value of this community.

I'm still here.

And I know it's a lengthy post for such a topic but it really is fresh in my mind -- a life changing experience.

k

beercz
July 20th, 2008, 10:59 PM
From the ubuntu (http://ubuntu.com) website

Midwest-Linux
July 20th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Looking for alternatives to Vista, I Googled Linux and ended up at Ubuntu. Its been about a year that I have been here.

Skripka
July 21st, 2008, 12:00 AM

Bingo...it is kind of an easy place to find actually.

TBOL3
July 21st, 2008, 12:37 AM
I found out about it from the help page when you load ubuntu. It says something like need support, either buy it, go to ubuntuforums.org, or go to the IRC.

Vitamin-Carrot
July 21st, 2008, 02:54 AM
Ubuntu Startup page when i first loaded gutsy

crimesaucer
July 21st, 2008, 03:13 AM
Stumbleupon, back in late 2005... I had no idea what linux was, I was brand new to computers and had never owned my own computer before Oct. 24, 2005... before that I just used the ones at the library... I just would use craigslist to find employment, and then send a resume using yahoo...

After I finally got a computer and an Internet address, I read a tech article about Firefox 1.5 on Wired.com.

When I switched to Firefox from I.E., I soon found out about linux and ubuntu from the stumbleupon sites.

I figured switching to ubuntu from xp, would be the next thing I should do... since switching from IE6 to FF1.5 was such an improvement.

Almost 3 years later and I'm glad I switched to Linux... (using Archlinux since last fall).

jflaker
July 21st, 2008, 03:19 AM
When I first loaded the LiveCD Firefox brought me to an about page which had a link and now I know if I have a problem that it can be resolved or it may have already been resolved.

Dr Small
July 21st, 2008, 03:20 AM
Me too.