PDA

View Full Version : How do you respond to new releases?

GOfree
July 20th, 2008, 01:33 PM
(I meant to include a poll here, but screwed up.)

I am curious to see how people typically respond to new releases.

Here is a rough poll, that unfortunately blends a few variables. How quickly do you adopt the new release and with what feelings or motivations? Do you tend to stick with previous releases and why?

1) Bleeding Edge: Typically adopt new releases before they are officially released, in beta.

2) Cutting Edge: Boldly adopt new releases as soon as they are out, liking to be up-to-date, confident about the upgrade process, and not afraid to deal with possible difficulties.

3) Cautious: Typically adopt new releases, but after first reading reviews, trying out a live cd, and carefully backing up your system, in case you don't like the new release or something goes wrong.

4) Grudgingly: Will adopt new release as something that must be done, but not enjoying the upgrade process and attendant difficulties.

5) Curious: Curious about the new release, but sticking with the old one, because not confident about the upgrade process.

6) Content: Tending to stay with a tried-and-true older release, upgrading only if it becomes necessary or of clear benefit.

It would also be helpful to know how many release cycles you have been through.

Yannick Le Saint kyncani
July 20th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Well, I test them first, on a dedicated partition, and if everything's all right, then I upgrade.

PmDematagoda
July 20th, 2008, 02:17 PM
This thread is a duplicate of:-
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=5422462

This thread is closed.