PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Multiseat on dualhead dvi nvidia display - multisession problem

kacperpl1
July 20th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Two weeks ago i became an owner of two great fullhd crt monitors and from that time i'm trying to use my hardware effectively with multiseat configuration. My problem is that i have dualhead display with both dvi connectors so it shows only one bus id. With that i cannot launch multiple xserver sessions from gdm.conf. Even with this problem, using on-the=fly tutorial i was able to run secondary xserver on secondary screen or in a window with configured mouse and keyboard. The problem is that i am unable to launch second xfce4-sesson on secondary xserver.Can someone tell me how to enable multisession in clear xubuntu? Or maybe there is a way to cheat the xorg to have multiple pci bus adresses?

My system specs: Xubuntu Hardy 32bit
Nvidia 177.13 xen patched, installed from binary
Quad AMD K8(double dual-cores) and a single 9600GT(because of that i cant use 169 drivers, and 173 drivers are still not available for intrepid so i must build them from binary and 173 wont patch for xen kernels)