PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Huge fonts problem / text installation for Xubuntu / uninstalling ubuntu-desktop

RyanVanDiemen
July 20th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Hi guys. I have a problem installing Xubuntu. Basically whenever I try to install Xubuntu and boot Live CD I get huuuuge font and window size. I have the same problem with Kubuntu. Ubuntu is the only variation I am able to install normal way. Once installed X/K/Ubuntu I know how to solve this huge font issue (Ubuntu - gdm.conf / Kubuntu - kdm.rc / Xubuntu - xorg.conf). Since ubuntu is the only variation I am able to install - the question is - how do I install Xubuntu any other (e.g. text installation) way because I like my installation clean and don`t want to have Gnome desktop installed if I`m using xfce only. Or eventually, is there any way I can uninstall Ubuntu desktop if Ubuntu was original desktop installed on system? I guess synaptic is not the way to go... Thanks for your replies

Partyboi2
July 20th, 2008, 09:27 AM
You can remove ubuntu desktop and change to xfce by following this guide
http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/purexfce

RyanVanDiemen
July 21st, 2008, 06:23 PM
Thanks Partyboi2. It uninstalled even some apps I wanted to keep for my xubuntu desktop (e.g. some kde apps I`m using), but I just installed them back afterwards, so your advice did the job. Tx. Anyway, when next xubuntu release comes in October, I`d rather install it fresh as xfce desktop, so is there any text installation I asked for originally in my thread?