PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember this?

TravisNewman
December 20th, 2004, 12:15 AM
I HAD a site bookmarked that would let you see how your webpage (or any webpage) would look in other browsers on other platforms. Basically it ran a server connected to Windows and Mac pcs (and maybe Linux, don't remember) and it would open the site specified in the browser you specified (I think they had IE5, 6, and 5.5Mac, Safari, and the Mozilla variants on different platforms) and then take a screenshot and send it to YOUR browser. It came in very handy, but I can't find it anymore. Anyone know what I'm talking about and have it bookmarked by any chance?

shimon
December 20th, 2004, 04:55 AM
yea this will be very useful for me anyone know of the link?

TravisNewman
December 20th, 2004, 05:40 AM
Found it!
http://danvine.com/_index.html

Unfortunately it's down because of overload (at the moment, who knows when it'll be back up)

shimon
December 20th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Found it!
http://danvine.com/_index.html

Unfortunately it's down because of overload (at the moment, who knows when it'll be back up)
where is his email address i'll give a bit of hosting and the idea of putting ads on his site so he can get better hosting and hardware for this script

shimon
December 20th, 2004, 08:53 AM
where is his email address i'll give a bit of hosting and the idea of putting ads on his site so he can get better hosting and hardware for this script
ohh he has google ads and there hidden
we should click a few

TravisNewman
December 20th, 2004, 05:18 PM
I dunno, if his email isn't on the site, I dunno where you might find it.

He should open it up so that other people can run it as well, to spread out the requests to other machines.

jakeslife
December 21st, 2004, 05:40 AM
That site (both iCapture and ieCapture) has been out of commission for a while now. He was having hosting problems, and he ended up selling one of the iBooks he used to run the service. I've tried to contact him to offer him hosting and bandwidth, but he hasn't gotten back to me in months.

I really liked that...it was a great tool to test my sites before I submitted them to a client.

gabbman
December 21st, 2004, 05:53 AM
Just register and copy the [img] link to your signature.

shimon
December 21st, 2004, 02:15 PM
anyone wants to work on a project like this? ie5.5 can be ran under wine i think so this will help big time