PDA

View Full Version : Are you Ubuntuholic enough?

cod3rbro
July 19th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Give some reasons!!!

phoenix_abhi
July 19th, 2008, 07:23 PM
1. Orange
2. Fast
3. Reliable
4. Flexibility
5. Easy and secure
6. Ubuntu forums
7. Canonical
8. LTS
9. Repo
10. Bandwidth utilization
11. Intelligent developers and supporters
12. Microsoft
13. Virus, worms etc
14. Compiz-fusion
15. Gnome
16. I love it and pledged rest of the life

StOoZ
July 20th, 2008, 10:55 AM
yes !! YES !!! yyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss ... hooo!!!
:popcorn:

Masoris
July 20th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Once I tried to return back to Windows XP, but I failed it for one day. Windows Xp was too uncomfortable to my normal life.

bhadotia
July 22nd, 2008, 10:38 PM
10. Bandwidth utilization

How does ubuntu utilize bandwidth better (does it , really utilize bandwidth better than other OS's?)?

bruce89
July 22nd, 2008, 10:41 PM
I don't like Ubuntu, I just can't be arsed finding anything else.

R_T_H
July 22nd, 2008, 10:45 PM
To be honest, the only thing that really sets it apart from other distros is that it has Synaptics. Also, for me at least, it just works. Which is actually rather boring, so I move about. But the forums are v. good.

[/ramble]

days_of_ruin
July 22nd, 2008, 10:46 PM
How does ubuntu utilize bandwidth better (does it , really utilize bandwidth better than other OS's?)?
updates.

zachtib
July 22nd, 2008, 10:53 PM
i can quit anytime i want!
>.>
<.<
*hic*

aysiu
July 22nd, 2008, 10:55 PM
To be honest, the only thing that really sets it apart from other distros is that it has Synaptics. Also, for me at least, it just works. Which is actually rather boring, so I move about. But the forums are v. good.

[/ramble]
Not even.

Other distros also have Synaptic.

bruce89
July 22nd, 2008, 10:58 PM
updates.

apt isn't anywhere near as good as conary in this respect.

Not even.

Other distros also have Synaptic.

Debian springs to mind.

I wonder why when people are referring to the package management system, they call it "Synaptic". It's just a front-end. I suppose it's similar to calling Ogg Vorbis files "OGG" files.

billgoldberg
July 22nd, 2008, 11:32 PM

[/ramble]

Even rpm distro's have synaptic.

phoenix_abhi
July 23rd, 2008, 06:57 PM
QUOTE]How does ubuntu utilize bandwidth better (does it , really utilize bandwidth better than other OS's?)?[/QUOTE]

Triple booting Windows Vista,Ubuntu and Mac (Leo Kaly). Broweser is FX 3 and safari.

Monitored the 256 Kbps connectivity for several days in Vista and Ubuntu using FX3 and found Ubuntu is more capable to download from speed test sites. Not even in a single attempt vista gone ahead of the Ubuntu ( Atleast 24-28 attempts)

bhadotia
July 26th, 2008, 09:07 AM

Triple booting Windows Vista,Ubuntu and Mac (Leo Kaly). Broweser is FX 3 and safari.

Monitored the 256 Kbps connectivity for several days in Vista and Ubuntu using FX3 and found Ubuntu is more capable to download from speed test sites. Not even in a single attempt vista gone ahead of the Ubuntu ( Atleast 24-28 attempts)
Did you compare Mac also?

phoenix_abhi
July 29th, 2008, 06:02 PM
No not the way I did in Vista and Ubuntu, but I have to agree that safari in Mac is faster tan anything (I hate that bu it is true)