PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the p

meskalinn
July 18th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Hi, I hope someone could help me.
what should I do? I cannot install anything

nedime@meskalin:~$ sudo apt-get install mplayer
[sudo] password for nedime:
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
nedime@meskalin:~$

avtolle
July 18th, 2008, 05:25 PM
From the command line
sudo dpkg --configure -a

Pumalite
July 18th, 2008, 05:25 PM
sudo dpkg --configure -a

meskalinn
July 18th, 2008, 10:02 PM
thank you so much, I am a new user as you see. thanks again

Pumalite
July 18th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Welcome and good luck!

sid2.0
July 23rd, 2008, 09:10 AM
sudo dpkg --configure -a

Hi all, I am new to Ubuntu as well and I had the same problem. I used this code and it worked for me as well so thanks..But I find my self asking Why? What dose this code do or fix? I have three units running Ubuntu and this was the fourth I have not run in to this before so just looking for the cause of this problem and what the code fixes.. Thanks

Sid~:)

lisati
July 23rd, 2008, 09:12 AM
Hi all, I am new to Ubuntu as well and I had the same problem. I used this code and it worked for me as well so thanks..But I find my self asking Why? What dose this code do or fix? I have three units running Ubuntu and this was the fourth I have not run in to this before so just looking for the cause of this problem and what the code fixes.. Thanks

The command does some housework on the files used by apt-get (and other processes used to install stuff).

iaculallad
July 23rd, 2008, 09:20 AM

For detailed explanation on what those options do with dpkg (--configure -a, and the dpkg utility as well), try to read the manual page of that command using the terminal:

man dpkg

sid2.0
July 23rd, 2008, 09:22 AM
The command does some housework on the files used by apt-get (and other processes used to install stuff).

Thanks lisati, I feel better now..:biggrin: