PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] KDE4 password-less autologin and password-less sudo

Neoš
July 18th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Hi All,

before I start; I know, this is security risk but I really need it.
I need to have password-less autologin in KDE4. I tried to change it in the KDE4 configuration but it simply does not works. After start I get message "Login Failed" and it go back to the normal login screen.

I would like to also use sudo without password (like on the live cd) and if it possible also the wallet manager. Or maybe it is possible in to change the behaviour of network manager in this was, that it just log in in the WLAN without asking for password.

I need it for a Tablet-PC. I need to be able to use it without keyboard.

Any ideas ??

Regards,
Neo

kuja
July 28th, 2008, 11:47 PM
So, password-less login and auto-login with kdm4 aren't working for you? Hmm, try installing the "kdm" package (for the kde3 version) and running the command
sudo dpkg-reconfigure kdm
Select kdm, and then configure it with
kcmshell kdm It should work without question.

Passwordless sudo is possible, but like you said it's a pretty huge security risk, and there's usually a better way to go about things ... If you're absolutely sure you want to do it though ... run this command in a konsole
sudo EDITOR=kate visudo

Now, look for this line:
%admin ALL=(ALL) ALL

Change it to:
%admin ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL
Save, exit, and reboot.

The wallet manager will be pretty easy to do, just change its password to a blank password.