PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] dual boot installation

piggy5
July 18th, 2008, 02:17 AM
Hey guys,

New to UBUNTU, and am having trouble with the installation. Currently running xp corporate, when i boot the installation disk i get the initial menu, but once I click on install the screen goes blank after the loading bar first finishes. ie there are no more prompts about directory installation, location etc. I cannot even do the livecd trial to see what it's like, same problem.

Checked the disk for errors in the menu, and it came back aOK. Any help would be appreciated. downloaded from iinet in australlia.

cheers

overdrank
July 18th, 2008, 02:44 AM
Hey guys,

New to UBUNTU, and am having trouble with the installation. Currently running xp corporate, when i boot the installation disk i get the initial menu, but once I click on install the screen goes blank after the loading bar first finishes. ie there are no more prompts about directory installation, location etc. I cannot even do the livecd trial to see what it's like, same problem.

Checked the disk for errors in the menu, and it came back aOK. Any help would be appreciated. downloaded from iinet in australlia.

cheers

HI and welcome, could you give us some system specs like memory and graphics?
Then you may want to do a checksum on the iso
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

piggy5
July 20th, 2008, 02:50 AM
Sure,
memory is corsair ddr2 4gb z[V-8500 1066
graphics is a gigabyte 9600GT 512MB

I'll have a check on the iso later tonight
cheers