PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] A new gnome-game (to be, or not?)...

indecisive
July 17th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Dear Valued Community Member,

I recently spend much time on a project I hoped would be accepted into the gnome-games project. However, as they are not accepting any new game entries, I would like to ask the community if they think this program has any potential. Please try it (gonquest.py in the archive), and give your comments, questions, concerns, etc.

Thanks!
-Indecisive

Please include the credits mentioned in the second attachment (under help -> contents) when distributing this program.

Use the third attachment if you do not want to download the the svn information (which will probably be useless for you).

ZachS
July 19th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Good game, it has a lot of potential but you should make it easier for users in the beginning for wider distribution, and add new features.

Oh, and if you google gonquest, there is already another game running under the same title.

But you should definitely keep working on it, this game could go far with the right amount of work applied to it.

whizkid515
September 6th, 2008, 03:07 AM
You should try a name like Gnomequest or Gonequest. Gon(e?)quest rulez!!! Keep up the good work, Indecisive (Yes, Indecisive I know who you are and you know who I am, at least I hope, we've been best friends for 3 years, lol). Hope you get the AI and online play working!

whizkid515

indecisive
September 7th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the encouragement! I am posting this to bring the thread back to the top of some lists, and hopefully some other people will join!