PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation help.

itztex
July 17th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Hey,
I've been trying to install Ubuntu onto my laptop.. Which is running Windows Vista..
Anyway, when I load my CD of Ubuntu into my drive, it doesnt boot at startup? Yet it worked on my Windows XP machine..

Could anyone please assist me in getting the disc to run.. So I can finally install Ubuntu =]

Ross.

Gallienus
July 17th, 2008, 07:24 PM
It sounds to me like your laptop isn't currently set to boot up from a CD.

You can get into your computer's BIOS (Basic Input Output System) by pressing a key just after you switch on. The actual key varies -- for example when I switch on my computer, I see the message 'Press DEL to run Setup'.

When you have access to your BIOS settings, try to find something called 'Boot Sequence' or something similar and make sure that your computer will boot up from a CD first.

Hope this helps... :)

itztex
July 17th, 2008, 07:28 PM
It sounds to me like your laptop isn't currently set to boot up from a CD.

You can get into your computer's BIOS (Basic Input Output System) by pressing a key just after you switch on. The actual key varies -- for example when I switch on my computer, I see the message 'Press DEL to run Setup'.

When you have access to your BIOS settings, try to find something called 'Boot Sequence' or something similar and make sure that your computer will boot up from a CD first.

Hope this helps... :)

Thanks for the help. My key I think is F12. So i'll go and have a try at that then. Thanks for your help.. If anything else comes up, ill reply.

Thanks. Ross