PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Menu Icons suddenly missing

ripps818
July 17th, 2008, 10:08 AM
All icons in menus (Gnome Menu, firefox menu, context menu) are missing. Any other icons aren't affect, including panel icons and desktop icons. I've tried gtk-update-icon-cache several times, but nothing happened.

It's kind of annoying, because when I'm looking for a program in the Applications menu, I mentally look for it's icon first.
How can I get them back?

ripps818
July 17th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Nevermind, somehow the "Show icons in menus" option in System->Preferences->Appearence->Interface had somehow been ticked to off. Strange considering that this occured while I was watching a movie with smplayer.

Jlb181
September 3rd, 2009, 11:29 PM
Thanks for your post! Easy fix! Noticed your from, or at least in Duluth. Me too.

Taoye
September 16th, 2009, 12:32 PM
It seems like it's doing this in Karmic alpha 5... I just installed it and had the same problem (empty space where icons should be), and fixed it the same way (checked off 'show icons in menus').

drs305
September 16th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Removing the menu icons was a developer decision in Karmic. As has been noted, you can turn them back on with System, Preferences, Appearance, Interface in Karmic.

ideasman42
September 17th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Removing the menu icons was a developer decision in Karmic. As has been noted, you can turn them back on with System, Preferences, Appearance, Interface in Karmic.

Not disagreeing with this move, but Id prefer all icons or no icons, at the moment it shows some icons when this option is unchecked. and if None are shown, theres still space on the left where the icons would go.

Anyhow, karmic is in dev so no matter :)

jebblue
December 6th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Nevermind, somehow the "Show icons in menus" option in System->Preferences->Appearence->Interface had somehow been ticked to off. Strange considering that this occured while I was watching a movie with smplayer.

Thanks ripps818, I just upgraded to Karmic and was wondering
where they went.

GustavoFerreira
June 5th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Hi, i'm new to this forum, you all talk about the interface tab in the appearance, but, why i haven't that one?

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04, is that tab moved to other location in this version??

Thank you in advanced, and sorry for my spelling mistakes, english it's not my mother tongue.

EDIT: Is Compiz something to do with this "disapeared tab"?? Compiz control now that?

GustavoFerreira
June 5th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Ok, i'm sorry, talked to soon.

Apparently, it's something to do, with the Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid).

Problem Solved: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1459729