PDA

View Full Version : Repository issues (Singapore)

worx101
July 17th, 2008, 01:44 AM
The speed is great.... it downloads almost 2mb per sec then all of a sudden it will just stall out.... and will not connect at all. I have to wait a couple mins before trying again. But, it will just download some and then stall again.

Don't have this trouble with the main server.... but it's incredibly slow.

But the only choices I have for official repositories are Singapore and Main. Is there a way to add Taiwan on or enabling access to all without reinstall?

Thanks

scragar
July 17th, 2008, 01:52 AM
open the repo options(either via synaptic and setting>Repos or via System>Administration>Software Sources), and choose other for the server, a box will open with a lot of choices, either try using the "Best SErver" option(which may or may not be any good if it cuts out like you say), or change it to something in the same area that may be more reliable.

Windsurfer619
July 17th, 2008, 03:23 AM
Haha, this reminds me of my waterloo friend who was taking care of the canadian mirror. The box would reboot every time someone walking bye kicked it by accident - which happened quite often.
Since then they've replaced it with a better box, of course... but now the university is throttling their bandwidth. You can never win :P