PDA

View Full Version : Firefox: 3.0.1 & 2.0.0.16

Exsecrabilus
July 16th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Firefox 3.0.1 about to be released approximately in a few hours (http://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_3.0.1).

Firefox 2.0.0.16 was released yesterday (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0.0.16/releasenotes/).

EDIT: I just noticed the Ubuntu team is preparing the 3.0.1 build in the Proposed repo. :D

andrewabc
July 16th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Thank god they stopped with the useless x.x.x.x numbering scheme. Version 2 only used the first and last number.
3 numbers are more than enough.

LookTJ
July 17th, 2008, 01:19 AM
I hope this fixes the abnormally high cpu usage and hard disk IO issue.

Spike-X
July 17th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Not to mention the insane memory leakage, and the constant crashing after viewing the History sidebar, and...

andrewabc
July 17th, 2008, 02:54 AM

Do you have the security thing disabled that checks to see if a website is an attack or forgery?

LookTJ
July 17th, 2008, 04:11 AM
Do you have the security thing disabled that checks to see if a website is an attack or forgery?
Yes, but that didn't really help.

kindofabuzz
July 17th, 2008, 10:46 AM

I'm ruuning 3.01 and my memory usage never goes past 120M. Most of the time it's below 100M. You must still be on 2.X. which is know to have leakage. get ff3 and be happy!! btw, i recently moved to the vanilla FF version instead of ubuntu's. much much more stable!

LookTJ
July 17th, 2008, 11:50 AM
I'm ruuning 3.01 and my memory usage never goes past 120M. Most of the time it's below 100M. You must still be on 2.X. which is know to have leakage. get ff3 and be happy!! btw, i recently moved to the vanilla FF version instead of ubuntu's. much much more stable!
Except I'm not talking about memory usage. I'm talking about CPU usage :)

kindofabuzz
July 17th, 2008, 12:56 PM
i M Currently Using Firefox 3.0 And Satisfied With That. It Provides You Some Additional Functionalities That Are Far Better Than Other Explorers. I Got Useful Stuff Regarding Firefox 3.0 From www.dreamworldtech.com . Try It And Give Me Your Remarks.

Spam!

fluteflute
July 17th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Quoting it doesn't help. :) Use the little report button in the bottom left of posts so the admins can see it.

Exsecrabilus
July 18th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Quoting it doesn't help. :) Use the little report button in the bottom left of posts so the admins can see it.
Backseat-moderating doesn't help. :) Use the little report button in the bottom left of posts so the admins can see it.

Andalous
July 18th, 2008, 02:32 PM
please ,can someone tell me how to update firefox 3.0 to 3.1??

pjvandehaar
July 18th, 2008, 02:39 PM
I think you're in the wrong sub-forum for that, though I'd like to know the same thing. At least I think communtiy discussion is a sub-forum...

fluteflute
July 18th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Backseat-moderating doesn't help. :) Use the little report button in the bottom left of posts so the admins can see it.

Your post contadicts itself. :)

FuturePilot
July 18th, 2008, 03:25 PM
please ,can someone tell me how to update firefox 3.0 to 3.1??

Update Manager will update it for you when the update has been pushed out into the Ubuntu updates repository.

fluteflute
July 18th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Update Manager will update it for you when the update has been pushed out into the Ubuntu updates repository.
It is currently in proposed updates, it will probably not take long until it is moved to also update 'normal' systems.

Also, remember there is a difference between 3.0 and 3.0.1!

unityofsaints
July 18th, 2008, 04:57 PM
thank God They Stopped With The Useless X.x.x.x Numbering Scheme. Version 2 Only Used The First And Last Number.
3 Numbers Are More Than Enough.

+1

z0mbie
July 18th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Does anyone know if it's in the repos or not?

kindofabuzz
July 21st, 2008, 01:59 PM
Does anyone know if it's in the repos or not?

If you would've read two posts above you, you'd have your anser. 3.01 is in the proposed repos. Or install Mozilla's version (which is more stable for me) and then just do a gksudo firefox, then check for updates.

keiichidono
July 21st, 2008, 03:29 PM
What I'm waiting for is 3.0.2 to fix the problem with Flash. =\

kindofabuzz
July 22nd, 2008, 02:52 AM

It's up to Adobe to fix Flash, not Mozilla. Have you tried Flash 10 beta? works alot better than Flash 9.

FuturePilot
July 22nd, 2008, 02:55 AM

Any problems with Flash have nothing to do with Firefox. It's strictly a Flash problem. And only Adobe can fix them since it's close source.

kbuel
July 22nd, 2008, 05:26 AM
is there anyway to know when proposed binaries will be added to the general repositories? Like is there a waiting period or is it just based on adequate testing? It would seem that a security fix such as this should be put in the general repos as soon as possible.

kahlil88
July 22nd, 2008, 06:26 AM
Any problems with Flash have nothing to do with Firefox. It's strictly a Flash problem. And only Adobe can fix them since it's close source.

Let's all switch to Gnash (http://www.gnashdev.org/), since it respects our freedom. Screw proprietary software.

phaed
July 22nd, 2008, 06:26 AM
Has anybody been getting random crashes in Firefox 3.0? These crashes are not specific to Flash or any other sites that I can tell. They're just random. In terminal I get "segmentation fault." That's it.

It's only been happening in the last week or so since I did a clean install of Hardy.

pjvandehaar
July 22nd, 2008, 04:13 PM
I've had them in Mac. Its a fast computer, but has 3 or 4 crashes within one minute of eachother, just randomly. I blame Apple, but I don't think your problem can be blamed on them...