PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] having problems while booting through live cd

imgkg
July 16th, 2008, 11:20 AM
hi guys i am new to linux , i am trying to install ubuntu (dual boot)my system configurations are P4 3ghzt,NVIDIA GeForce 6200 256mb,512mb ram, but the problem is whenever i try to boot through live cd i get an error

[ 56.485964] EIP: [<c011c706>] native_apic_write_atomic+0x6/0x10 ss:ESP 0068:c 03d3e14
[ 56.486157] <0> Kernel panic - not syncing:fatal exception in interrupt
[ 56.486282]

please help me out get past through this :(

paul101
July 16th, 2008, 01:43 PM
i'm not sure if this would apply. . . but did you burn your cd uber slow ( at about 4x speeds)??

free bump anyway :lolflag:

phantomjoker
July 16th, 2008, 01:51 PM
I had the same problem - is it during the red and blue extraction and installation screen?

well if so im afraid its an error on the disk or download - the best way to resolve it - and this worked for me - is to re-download and re-burn then install with a fresh copy!

phantomjoker
July 16th, 2008, 01:52 PM
i'm not sure if this would apply. . . but did you burn your cd uber slow ( at about 4x speeds)??

I burn at that speed with all versions of Ubuntu - never caused me any problems..

imgkg
July 16th, 2008, 02:33 PM
i have tried installing by removing ( i had to completly remove the card from slots ) the graphic card everything works fine ,but as i boot with my graphic card on it doesn't work,once i insert the card i can't boot my pc in ubuntu,same error,however i didnt tried inserting card while pc is still on

phantomjoker
July 16th, 2008, 02:38 PM
well i wouldnt do any hardware changes while the computer is on - theres a couple of thousand volts running round there - dont go doing anything dangerous!

Sounds like a hardware failure to me. Can you just boot without the card? or if you need one then borrow one - see if it works with a differant card.

so you have installed Ubuntu and it just doens't run? is that correct - or cant you even install?

hope i can help

imgkg
July 16th, 2008, 02:45 PM
well i havent yet installed it,it run fine without the card i mean the live cd,unless i cant boot with live cd how can i install it , its same problem, that card runs fine with windows it recognises it well i guess ubuntu isnt able to recognise the card or something i tried to google it but in vain

skrållarn
July 16th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I had problems with my integrated ATI-graphic when i installed ubuntu on my previous PC. i had to disable graphic acceleration in BIOS, install ubuntu from CD, then I did a full system update and downloaded the latest driver for my card.

imgkg
July 16th, 2008, 02:48 PM
how to disable that graphic acceleration in BIOS i wanna try that

phantomjoker
July 16th, 2008, 03:06 PM
can you do a full install without the card then once installed - turn off and bung in the card - then run and get drivers?

imgkg
July 16th, 2008, 03:11 PM
yes i can install without the card i shall let you know if it works as you said thank you phantom for helping