PDA

View Full Version : Virtual party on 27th July

ttry72
July 16th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Hello folks

Some news from finnish Ubuntu site.

We have planned to break user record in our site on 27th July 12.00-13.00 (CET). The idea is to show, that there are plenty of Linux users and show it on publicity.

There is also one philosophy behind this. By visiting on the site, you will support the request for equal and technologically independent digital rights and services. The message is that technology should not set any restrictions for equal digital rights.

If you want to support this idea, please visit one of the following sites on 27th July 12-13 CET:

http://virtuaali.bileet.be

http://forum.ubuntu-fi.org/

Everybuddy is welcome :) Just one click on right time and you're in! :KS

Sef
July 16th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Moved to Community Cafe.

ttry72
July 16th, 2008, 11:45 PM
If you have any ideas howto develop this virtual happening, please do not hesitate to expand our limited scenarios...

Considered issues to be published on that party:
- chat
- online games
- your place on the map
- rewards
- on line support
- etc....

:guitar:

madjr
July 17th, 2008, 12:54 AM
sounds cool

remember to bump it then

cardinals_fan
July 17th, 2008, 04:39 AM
...I couldn't get invited to a real party so I went to a virtual one...

Just kidding. This sounds cool; I'll drop by if I can (I live in Alaska so the time zone might be a problem).

era86
July 17th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Virtual party huh? Never done that before ;) Bump this near the date!

EdThaSlayer
July 17th, 2008, 07:43 AM
With virtual party I thought we would all well--celebrate on some special IRC channel or forum. Oh well, this makes everything so much easier. :lolflag:

ttry72
July 20th, 2008, 10:59 PM
sounds cool

remember to bump it then

Very simply idea but in advance it looks like it may work :)

Press is also interested in this as well, so we hopefully can expect country wide publicity for Ubuntu and its users...

If 1000 users exceeds, I'll send personally a real post card at least for 10 users. If you want to "win" the prize during the party, please send email and give further details.

Oh, please send this invitation ahead..

ttry72
July 27th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Join in!

Canis familiaris
July 27th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Join in!

How can I join? I cant read Finnish.

ttry72
July 29th, 2008, 01:00 PM
How can I join? I cant read Finnish.

Well, actually there idea was only goto the site on right time, so you're in. Very light contribution, next year it will be done also in English.

I wonder, can we spread this idea ahead? How about the other Ubuntu-forums, are they interested in this idea?