PDA

View Full Version : AA battery charge question

kevindubrow
July 16th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Hello, this is a weird question, but I don't have much time and I really could use an answer. I don't know where else to go.

Ok, so the band I'm in has a show tomorrow and we were planning to record it with this battery powered device. Its this stereo mic. thing that is designed for live performances...it sounds great.

Anyway, it runs on AA batteries...we usually use these rechargeable ones and the thing runs long enough...there is a problem though.

We lost our charger and we decided to just use regular AA's for the time being, but I got to thinking...will regular AA's hold the same charge? The rechargeable batteries are 2600mah (I think thats what they say). Should I worry about the device not running for the hour we need it running for tomorrow?

Thanks so much!

Lord Xeb
July 16th, 2008, 07:15 AM
just go out and get another charger. they are cheap.

Here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817355013

Also, they hold a little bit sorter on the lifespan unless you get the expensive kind. They probably will hold about 25-50% less than the rechargable ones.

popch
July 16th, 2008, 07:23 AM
The typical alcaline battery carries something on the order of 1000 to 1300 mAh. That means that in order for them to be empty after an hour's use, you'd have to draw something on the order of one Amp. That's an awful lot for a microphone.

Do you happen to have the specs for the mic?

kevindubrow
July 16th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Alright, I'll see if we can get a charger tomorrow.

Thanks so much! Thats why I like this community, there is always someone to help you out.

Edit:

To popch: No...I would try to give you some specs, but I don't have the mic. on me. I believe it can run off of a 9 volt AC adapter, does that help at all? Thanks for the reply.