PDA

View Full Version : Where to start with programming..

MrJoeyUK
July 16th, 2008, 01:51 AM
Ok this has probably been asked a thousand times (I was actually suprised it wasn't a sticky) but as someone who has virtually no programming experience (I've did a bit of VB but not much) who one day wants to be developing programs, where is the best starting point? the best starting language?

Also I'd appreciate any book/dvd reccomendations, as web tutorials aren't exactly very vast for programming. Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

LaRoza
July 16th, 2008, 01:51 AM
Check the sticky again... ;) The first big blue "Learn to Program" link should be what you want.

My sig could help as well.

lisati
July 16th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Check the sticky again... ;) The first big blue "Learn to Program" link should be what you want.

My sig could help as well.

Ok this has probably been asked a thousand times (I was actually suprised it wasn't a sticky) but as someone who has virtually no programming experience (I've did a bit of VB but not much) who one day wants to be developing programs, where is the best starting point? the best starting language?

Also I'd appreciate any book/dvd reccomendations, as web tutorials aren't exactly very vast for programming. Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

MrJoey: have a look here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=832449

pmasiar
July 16th, 2008, 02:27 AM
Maybe we are missing 'FAQ' in sticky title?