PDA

View Full Version : XP Sticker

scottuss
July 15th, 2008, 08:56 PM
This may sound really random but I got rid of any MS O/S on all my machines which was an easy case of format, Ubuntu CD in drive, done! What I did notice was getting those stupid "Designed for Windows XP" (or Vista! yikes!) stickers off the cases of my desktop and laptop was much harder. In fact on my laptop, the ATI sticker has nearly come off, as has the AMD logo sticker, but the XP one is perfectly intact... it just wont budge!! :lolflag:

Canis familiaris
July 15th, 2008, 08:58 PM
That is why I assembled my PC myself. :)

RiceMonster
July 15th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Meh, I'm too lazy to take the Windows Vista sticker off my laptop (either that or I don't care enough). If I had a Tux sticker, I'd put it on, but I don't want to pay for or make one.

issih
July 15th, 2008, 09:02 PM
http://www.system76.com/article_info.php?articles_id=9

Cover them up :) its free too apparently (well the cost of a stamp)

lisati
July 15th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Like others, I'm too lazy to take off the "Made for XP" sticker. However, I have an Ubuntu sticker more prominently displayed on my laptop lid......

Joeb454
July 15th, 2008, 09:07 PM
My laptop went for repair, and came back with no stickers on ;) I'm waiting on some of those Ubuntu Stickers to come through the post (still out of stock :()

Barrucadu
July 15th, 2008, 09:07 PM
I've never had any trouble removing Windows stickers. I just don't like stickers on my laptop (well, I'm considering getting some stickers from Arch Linux Schwag)

HermanAB
July 15th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Warm the sticker up with a blow drier, then it should come off cleanly.

gunashekar
July 15th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Warm the sticker up with a blow drier, then it should come off cleanly.
yep. warming it works. I put a cloth over the stickers and apply an electric clothes iron. dont melt the chassis!

alzie
July 15th, 2008, 11:11 PM
How bout a new sticker that says improved with Ubuntu? :lolflag:

miggols99
July 15th, 2008, 11:27 PM
If any of you want some Ubuntu stickers, I have some domed plastic ones bundled with my Ubuntu CDs if you want them ;)

http://shop.archux.com/category/linux-distros/ubuntu

Yes, those XP stickers get a bit annoying. When I pulled on off mine, it left a mark on it. Then I covered it with a Ubuntu sticker. Heh.

magnus0
July 15th, 2008, 11:31 PM
I'm thinking of getting some stickers with penguins and covering the windows keys on my keyboard:)

jomiolto
July 15th, 2008, 11:42 PM
My laptop also had a Vista sticker on it, but I didn't really care about it for as long as I dual-booted. When I got rid of Vista altogether, I decided to get rid of the sticker too ('cos, you know, the sticker would have been a lie ;) ). Personally I'm more bothered by the large sticker (palm sized) that advertises the features of the laptop, but I'm not sure if I can get that off cleanly -- I think I'll try warming it up (thanks for the suggestion :) ).

paul101
July 15th, 2008, 11:46 PM
why not request a CD and cover it up with the stickers you get with it??

LookTJ
July 16th, 2008, 12:00 AM
I took mine off my laptop last year and used rubbing alcohol to the get the glue off. Not too hard. :)

deejaypip
July 16th, 2008, 01:52 AM
I covered mine up with painters' tape.

gunashekar
July 16th, 2008, 04:41 AM
How bout a new sticker that says improved with Ubuntu? :lolflag:

good one. Improved... made to work with Ubuntu.

wolfen69
July 16th, 2008, 04:55 AM
I'm thinking of getting some stickers with penguins and covering the windows keys on my keyboard:)

i took a permanent marker and just blacked it out.

wolfen69
July 16th, 2008, 04:58 AM
I took mine off my laptop last year and used rubbing alcohol to the get the glue off. Not too hard.

I covered mine up with painters' tape.
you guys dont like linux do you?

scottuss
July 16th, 2008, 01:14 PM

Ooooo I didn't think of that! I did see somewhere a "Linux" keyboard that already had the Windows keys removed. Ah that's it you get one if you subscribe to Linux Format (UK offer)

Pretty cool :)