PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Evolution always on top ?!

misja
July 15th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Recently my Evolution (2.22.2) on my 8.04 Ubuntu has decided to be always on top.
It didn't do that earlier, and I don't want it to!
The Evolution window does not have 'always on top' checked. Anyway if I reboot the problem persists.

Actually Evolution is not really always on top, but what happens is that when I have Evolution open and I open another application, the other application opens in the background and Evolution stays in front. So then I click on the application in the task bar, and after that it does open on top of Evolution. Very frustrating ..

Who can help?

DJ_Peng
July 15th, 2008, 05:49 PM
There's no Always on Top option in Evolution? That's funny, but I have it on mine, according to the attached screenshot (with the Clearlooks theme and GTK window decorations). And I don't have the issue you describe, but I wanted to post the screenshot to as you to verify that this selection is missing from your Window Menu (very left of the title bar).

misja
July 15th, 2008, 09:41 PM
I didn't say there was no 'always on top' option. There is one, like the one you are showing. What I said was that this option was not checked.

DJ_Peng
July 16th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Sorry, I misread your OP. Not sure why you're having this behavior.