PDA

View Full Version : Should there be a complete change in Ubuntu theme for every release?

sharks
July 15th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Should there be a complete change in Ubuntu theme for every release?

23meg
July 15th, 2008, 01:35 PM
There should be small incremental changes with each regular release, and more radical or near-complete changes after each LTS release. Which is exactly what's planned for Intrepid and beyond.

sharks
July 15th, 2008, 01:35 PM
atleast there should be a change in colour

NovaAesa
July 15th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Tiny changes maybe... but not big ones.

Canis familiaris
July 15th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Change should only to make better

Dr Small
July 15th, 2008, 02:51 PM
It would be easier to distinguish the different versions if they had different themes.

y6FgBn)~v
July 15th, 2008, 02:53 PM
+1 for new themes.

Joeb454
July 15th, 2008, 02:53 PM
atleast there should be a change in colour

Brown is the Ubuntu colo(u)r though!

Besides I think it's moving to a more orange/black kind of theme, which has the potential to look pretty awesome in my opinion :)

pmlxuser
July 15th, 2008, 02:55 PM
I would be happy if only the Icons be changed, the colors i love them.
;)

Ub1476
July 15th, 2008, 03:26 PM
I think changing the theme with LTS is good. Better to focus on other improvements in the other releases.

LowSky
July 15th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I say no but A new Wallpaper featuring the animal chosen as the releases code name. But done as it was in the Heron release -- artsy not National Geographic would be nice for each release.
I remember when Hardy was supposed to have a new brown and orange Gnome theme and somehow never made it to final release, now it seems that Intrepid might. I think the change would be welcomed but for all that is beutiful in the world pick a better more lively color than brown, Make one from the logo colors, red, yellow and orange.

gn2
July 15th, 2008, 03:42 PM
You need to keep continuity for the default theme, like branding, if it's not immediately identifiable and familiar it will get lost among the competition.
Ubuntu is pretty much unique.
I can't think of any that have a similar colour theme.
But there are plenty blue ones that all look so similar.
Don't like the default theme, simple, just change it.