PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Pendrive install of Ubuntu 8.04 with shared folder

Thunderchild01
July 15th, 2008, 06:24 AM
Last night I tried the Portable Ubuntu 8.04 creation process (http://www.pendrivelinux.com/2008/06/11/qemu-ubuntu-804-with-a-shared-folder/) to use within Windows but have some problems. I might add that my computer runs two hard drives with boot options for either. My preferred (default) drive is running Hardy with Vista running on the other. I am attempting to create the pendrive from the Vista platform. I would like it to be capable of running within both Vista and XP.

The Problem:

It started okay by clicking on the batch file, then went off and downloaded an accelerator. It also asks if I want to install or run in demo mode. I am not clear on this point but just clicked demo mode. As I actually want to transport this around and save to the usb pendrive am I supposed to actually click "install" here? I would think logically that I am, but have not been game to.

Anyway, the load proceeds and after clicking demo it presented me with a language selection screen. After selecting English, it then went to the Ubuntu start screen, but after a while the load freezes and I get a message that it needs to close down. I repeated the entire process by removing and re-installing but no joy.

Any help would be appreciated thatnks:(