View Full Version : hard drive top equivalent

July 14th, 2008, 06:10 PM
I read an article donkeys ago with something about a hard drive version of top, to see whether anything is accessing the HD. However, all my googling has come to nothing, as has trawling through synaptic. Does anyone know what the thing I'm after is called? (Something is rattling, it's either the fan bearing or the HD and I'm praying fan).

July 14th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Was it this by any chance: http://guichaz.free.fr/iotop/ ?

July 16th, 2008, 11:01 PM
That's the one!
Cheers! Found a little bug but I'm sure I'll manage to work around it...