PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] dload the packages

carrarin
July 14th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Im still looking for all the packs i need. I dont have the internet so im kind of screwed. If i went somewhere wher there is internet, and use a live cd, and type
sudo apt-get
is there a way that i can send the packs to my flash instead of where they normalls go.

t0p
July 14th, 2008, 01:32 PM
I dunno about apt-get - but you can go to http://packages.ubuntu.com with any computer, and download packages to save to a flash stick or whatever. However, using this route can result in dependency hell!!

carrarin
July 14th, 2008, 01:32 PM
i know, thats what ive beeen doing, ands its not fun.

carrarin
July 14th, 2008, 01:40 PM
bump

hyper_ch
July 14th, 2008, 01:49 PM
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-general-1/how-can-i-change-the-apt-get-download-location-172198/

ajgreeny
July 14th, 2008, 02:14 PM
If you use a live CD and also have a usb flash drive to save the packages you could do it with synaptic, I think. Open up synaptic and use that to get all the packages and their dependencies, by using the check box "Download Package files only" when you chose apply in the dialog box when it appears. That will just download packages to the /var/cache/apt/archives folder from where you should be able to copy them to the flash drive. You can then use the flash drive as the source of the packages you need.

rraj.be
July 14th, 2008, 02:48 PM
you can use aptoncd to create local repositarie's.

all you need is a system with all your required packages installed.

just get to a system in which all packages that you need are installed.

install aptoncd also in that system

sudo apt-get install aptoncd

now run
aptoncd

just select create.

it will automaticaly search for installed package's and make a list

use a blank dvd or cd and click burn.

you had created the local repository with all installed packages in that system.

just take the disk to your system and insert it.

open synaptic and install all required package's.

this can be used as a backup mechanism if you dont have internet connection to install packages.

carrarin
July 14th, 2008, 03:55 PM
this thing, aptoncd, if i have a live cd, it will only be installed in mem right. i dont wanna f* their comps

carrarin
July 14th, 2008, 04:08 PM
bump

rraj.be
July 16th, 2008, 02:02 PM
this thing, aptoncd, if i have a live cd, it will only be installed in mem right. i dont wanna f* their comps

Cant get what you are telling.

Please be clear.