PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Nautilus crashes while browsing remote servers

shiznatix
July 14th, 2008, 12:14 PM
The majority of the time that I am using Nautilus I am browsing a remote server. The previous release of ubuntu I had no problems at all but as I use Hardy now I have been having serious problems with Nautilus crashing.

Basically, I have servers saved from the "file->connect to server" thing. They are all ssh connections. If I have a window open with one of the saved servers in the window then Nautilus will just randomly crash from time to time. I don't have to even be doing anything but it seams to happen more often while I am browsing through the files. All that happens is that all Nautilus windows close instantly and then a new one opens at my home folder.

On a side note it seams like the remote server stuff has strange permission problems when you are browsing the remote sever. I will be logged in as user "andrew" but I can't create a file in a folder that belongs to "andrew" unless that folder is chmod 777. If I go to the command line and login as the same exact user I can do everything as you would normally expect. Very frustrating.

So, what is up with Nautilus? The most important would be to stop these crashes. Is there an older version I should roll back to? Anyone else have similar problems?