View Full Version : Stalk a stalker

July 14th, 2008, 05:07 AM
Hey folks. My girlfriend is being harassed by a guy who lives relatively close by, and now he's also bothering me. He's posted our addresses and other info to show that he knows about us.
My guess is that he's just some punk who needs a reality check, and I'd like to be the guy who gives it to him.
I have him on my MSN, and he tries to bug me on a daily basis, although I've taken the upper hand in that department as of late. I'd like to know if there's a way to find out where he is through his MSN (I use Pidgen).
Is there any sort of ping tool I can use to find his location, or any other Hollywood-esque trick that could pin him? I know this isn't exactly ethical, but he's got to be stopped, and fear is a powerful tool.
Thanks for any help.

July 14th, 2008, 05:11 AM
Thanks for any help.

The court system and police may be able to help. I suggest you contact them.

July 14th, 2008, 05:15 AM
Less fun, but if Admin is telling me to do it that way, I suppose it's a good idea to drop the idea, no?
I just really want to give this guy a taste of his own medicine, mixed with physical approach. I don't want to hurt the guy. Just prove that I'm taking it more seriously than he.

July 14th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Honestly, as satisfying as it seems to try and get back at these type of people, it just tends to muddy the waters if the authorities do need to be brought into it. You're retaliation makes the situation into a back-and-forth type of thing rather than keeping it what it is now: some jerk harrassing you. Just my two cents

July 14th, 2008, 05:21 AM
The court system and police may be able to help. I suggest you contact them.

Yes, your probably dealing with somebody that is unstable and may have mental health issues. If the person is doing these things it falls into a nonfunctional or irrational mind set, seek the help of authorities they are trained to deal with unstable people. Trying to up the tension by putting them in place yourself is not a good idea, and may result in a much more complex situation, which eventually will have to be taken care of by the authorities. This might makes right will not look good to a court system or the police it becomes a their word against yours to some extent.

July 14th, 2008, 05:49 AM
To add my two cents...

Block the guy, and have your gal do the same. Retaliation will actually have the opposite effect on someone doing this sort of thing than what you're hoping for. It will anger them. Usually a person doing this without any provocation is mentally unbalanced as stated by others. Even if there was provocation, it would only serve to make them angrier at you. It will become a vicious cycle, and like the others said, it will muddy the waters once the authorities get involved.

Simple what-if scenario for you... What if they guy cows to your intimidation to your face, then runs to get a weapon to threaten you or your girl? What if she gets hurt, and it is because you decided to push the wrong someone the wrong way?


chucky chuckaluck
July 14th, 2008, 06:05 AM
let the police handle it. they can be scarier than you, most likely, and you don't want to do anything less than legal.

July 14th, 2008, 06:05 AM
I think some sensible suggestions have been given so far, and I too would encourage you to deal with this through the proper authorities rather than doing anything that might get you yourself in trouble.

In any case, I'm closing this thread for the forum's own protection: we don't want to be responsible for any less sensible suggestions. :)