PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] i got problems installing ubuntu can you help me please?

freezekakashi
July 14th, 2008, 04:03 AM
when im trying to install ubuntu they ask me for my user and password but i dont got it, i download the ubuntu from the link to users of windows..and i dont know waht to do to log-in???

mikewhatever
July 14th, 2008, 04:14 AM
In order to install Ubuntu, you need a username and password. Sit down and think of something you can remember before installing.

freezekakashi
July 14th, 2008, 04:22 AM
tanks but the problem was that if you go to the page of ubuntu where they give you adicional options to install ubuntu, there is a link that automatically intall the ubuntu like if was another aplication..and they didnt ask nothing, and then when te computer is rebooted they ask you for an user and password...but thats is when i dont know wath to do???..

mikewhatever
July 14th, 2008, 04:29 AM
I am not very familiar with Windows installer, but from what I could gather, it does require a username and password. Here's a review from arstechnica that shows pictures with username and password feilds.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080224-wubi-arrives-a-look-at-ubuntu-8-04-alpha-5.html

freezekakashi
July 14th, 2008, 04:36 AM
ohhhh tankyou very much!!! you are god!!!i know wath i do wrong, i didnt fill the user and password squares,jajajaj im so dump, jajaj

tank you ver much

let me download it again or maybe i gona try juct click enter in te user and passwor blank..

tanks

lisati
July 14th, 2008, 04:41 AM
tanks but the problem was that if you go to the page of ubuntu where they give you adicional options to install ubuntu, there is a link that automatically intall the ubuntu like if was another aplication..and they didnt ask nothing, and then when te computer is rebooted they ask you for an user and password...but thats is when i dont know wath to do???..

Did you succeed with installing Ubuntu? If so, as has already been suggested, you need to think what you entered as part of installing Ubuntu.

mikewhatever
July 14th, 2008, 04:54 AM
There may have been some default entries, otherwise, I don't understand how you could have completed the installation. However, setting default passwords is a great security risk, so that's unlikely the case. Anyway, good luck with new installation.