PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] looking for a TV display window manager

nephish
July 13th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Hey there all, I am looking for a good window manager for an older computer i have set up that really only does two things well, games and movies. It's kinda old, 900 mhz and 250mb ram. but with an nvida card with tv-out that i have working, i can still use it to play music, movies, and games. Games look great, even 3-d ones ( not heavy hitters, but still cool ) and movies look great, but when i try to use any window manager, the text is small and fuzzy and very hard to read or navigate.
So my question is about window managers. right now i run either xfce4 or fluxbox or lxde. is there a window manager setting that i may not know about that renders things for like a TV display, or is there a window manager devoted to this?

thanks for any tips,

nephish
July 21st, 2008, 12:10 AM
bump !

DrHu
July 21st, 2008, 05:08 AM
So my question is about window managers. right now i run either xfce4 or fluxbox or lxde. is there a window manager setting that i may not know about that renders things for like a TV display, or is there a window manager devoted to this?
Nope, just a matter of setting the xorg.conf file to have an appropriate display; resolution and modeline..

nephish
July 21st, 2008, 05:49 AM
well thats really cool, know a place where i could find how to set that up?
thanks again