PDA

View Full Version : what really gives you motivation....

lunaluna
July 13th, 2008, 08:44 PM
for each one of us could be something different
...the same is for motivation also...
but what does really give <you> motivation?

:popcorn:

Sand & Mercury
July 13th, 2008, 08:53 PM
I suppose I could say in the broadest sense, I am motivated by having a passion for something and a vision of what I could do in the end. But what gives me a passion for a particular thing or a reason for a vision to be desireable to me... I've no idea :lol:

This is a nice question, it'll be cool to hear what other people say.

dizee
July 13th, 2008, 09:01 PM
i'm not a very motivated person to be honest. usually the most motivated i get is when there is some problem to fix that is annoying me, even if it's not that big a deal i have to find the solution. so that, i suppose.

Erdaron
July 13th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I'm a deist, so I believe that the universe is elegant and beautiful (and divinity is a manifestation of that elegance and beauty). Art and science are the pursuits of them, just in different ways.

On a more specific level, I'm motivated by figuring out problems and solving them. Not by simply hacking something together "that'll do," but actually coming up with something that addresses the given problem as completely and accurately as possible.

That's why I'm a scientist.

original_jamingrit
July 13th, 2008, 10:39 PM
cool threads like this :-D

I guess I fall into the "not generally motivated" category. But I like problem solving, and if there's something wrong, I sometimes obsess about it. At the same time, when everything is sunshine and rainbows good, it's hard for me to stay focused, so I tend to be a procrastinator as well. :-P

Also, helping people is fun sometimes.

AmericanYellow
July 14th, 2008, 12:04 AM
A bucket of spicy chicken wings and BBQ chicken wings along side a bucket of popcorn.:popcorn:

:lolflag:

original_jamingrit
July 14th, 2008, 12:08 AM
A bucket of spicy chicken wings and BBQ chicken wings along side a bucket of popcorn.:popcorn:
Actually, that just reminded me of another thing that can give me motivation. Sweet and sour chinese chicken balls.

That, and a particular brand of rum they don't sell anymore, called Old Monk :cry:

Mateo
July 14th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Success.

paul101
July 14th, 2008, 12:47 AM
i just get on and do things... then complain about it later

fatality_uk
July 14th, 2008, 01:57 AM
money!

AmericanYellow
July 17th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Actually, that just reminded me of another thing that can give me motivation. Sweet and sour chinese chicken balls.

That, and a particular brand of rum they don't sell anymore, called Old Monk :cry:

I love sweet and sour chicken.

maniacmusician
July 17th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Personal interest, addiction, and a general need to understand.

Ioky
July 18th, 2008, 08:05 AM
person(yes, person, not people) and problems

mrgnash
July 18th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Love :P

hellion0
July 18th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Crisis.

Seriously. I'm at my best when everything hinges on it.

grossaffe
July 18th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Money, and just being happy with what I do. Personally, I love playing poker, I love playing Ice Hockey, and I love playing with electronics. All of the above, though, draw heavily on money (fortunately, though, poker tends to be a positive influence on my money).

Exershio
July 18th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I have no motivation to be honest. I always put things off, and I can never get myself to do anything.

Kinda sucks.

grossaffe
July 18th, 2008, 11:28 AM
I have no motivation to be honest. I always put things off, and I can never get myself to do anything.

Kinda sucks.

yeah, you should probably do something about that

...later.

Trail
July 18th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Cookies.