PDA

View Full Version : HP, Dell, or Sony laptop?

T2manner
July 13th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I'm trying to find a laptop.
I've pretty much decided to get a sony, dell, or hp.
I've seen the best offers for those.

I was going to get a Thinkpad, but they are too expensive for what they offer, and this is my first laptop so I don't want to spend 900 bucks on a good laptop then buy a better laptop in a few years.

saidinesh5
July 13th, 2008, 06:04 PM
well dude, i was in your shoes exactly a week ago...n finally i found myself on hp dv6885se....i would have gone even for DELL XPS M1330...but a small sentiment concerning the DELL laptops(the inspiron 15xxseries) of most of my friends...all of them(about 7)had to use the recovery DVD just in first 2 WEEKS...no im not joking...but at the same time,i have heard really good things about DELL XPS..
but from what i have seen, SONY felt a bit too costly for what it offers...
also a wierd thing that i have observed is that getting a lappy with VISTA costs you much less than the ones with linux!!!for the same config!!!
so all the best choosing your new lappy......

Kingsley
July 13th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Go with an HP laptop from the dv series.

FuturePilot
July 13th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Go with an HP laptop from the dv series.

+1. I've had a great experience with my dv6500t

Redrazor39
July 13th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Idk. I have a Sony laptop and some of the extra hardware features and suspend/hibernate don't work in Linux, which ticks me off :(

I'd make a thread asking about a laptop (new, high performance, high quality) that ran ubuntu like a dream with all the features working just fine (esp. suspend)

walkerk
July 13th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I have an HP dv6815nr and I love it. My last laptop was a Dell Inspiron 6400... I prefer this HP :)