PDA

View Full Version : Help get adobe on Linux

pcjunkie
July 13th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Take the survey and post the operating system and what you do. Adobe need to be pushed, I hope you can all help and post some "pushing" on their surveys. I and many like me are ex windows drones moving into new office space and are happily breathing fresh air (Ubuntu). I would like anyone who has an interest in Adobe software and Linux (ubuntu) that they might take the 4 minutes it takes to answer the survey. Adobe won't make Photoshop etc unless the demand exists. Show them we exist and in numbers capable of adequately funding the porting and employing a full time coder (possibly) to do it.

If anyone who has ever asked if it could be done or should be done, here is one avenue to getting it done.

http://www.adobe.com/survey/

pmlxuser
July 13th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Adobe need to pushed,

I thought it was the job of their marketing team to see the direction they need to take. they have ripped people of alot of moneys, they don't need a push. Their boat has an engine..,.

pcjunkie
July 13th, 2008, 04:03 PM
So true, its so overpriced but. I really need to use it, I want to use it and so do many others. While I love and use the gimp its tools are lacking for what my clients expect and for the time I have to do these things in. As a webby I need dreamweaver to quickly rip and hack code as fast as I can load it. Photoshop allows me to do what I do rapidly and I am used to it. Gimp does have a few tools that really set it apart (PNG encoding) from photoshop, and its multi desktop, but the tools available in the gimp are not up there with the quick hacking, chopping and correcting I need to do in photoshop. IF giving the Gimp devs my US$600 would produce the tools I need then rip away but it won't.

that's all.

madjr
July 13th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Take the survey and post the operating system and what you do. Adobe need to be pushed, I hope you can all help and post some "pushing" on their surveys. I and many like me are ex windows drones moving into new office space and are happily breathing fresh air (Ubuntu). I would like anyone who has an interest in Adobe software and Linux (ubuntu) that they might take the 4 minutes it takes to answer the survey. Adobe won't make Photoshop etc unless the demand exists. Show them we exist and in numbers capable of adequately funding the porting and employing a full time coder (possibly) to do it.

If anyone who has ever asked if it could be done or should be done, here is one avenue to getting it done.

http://www.adobe.com/survey/

@pcjunkie

also place a poll (thread tools) to see how many people will fill it up

'will you help with the survey?'

-yes

-when i get time

-nah

steveneddy
July 14th, 2008, 02:15 AM
So true, its so overpriced but. I really need to use it, I want to use it and so do many others. While I love and use the gimp its tools are lacking for what my clients expect and for the time I have to do these things in. As a webby I need dreamweaver to quickly rip and hack code as fast as I can load it. Photoshop allows me to do what I do rapidly and I am used to it. Gimp does have a few tools that really set it apart (PNG encoding) from photoshop, and its multi desktop, but the tools available in the gimp are not up there with the quick hacking, chopping and correcting I need to do in photoshop. IF giving the Gimp devs my US$600 would produce the tools I need then rip away but it won't.

that's all.

If you make your living with GIMP and need that functionality, then pay a developer $600 to give you that feature.

People do it all the time.

Foster Grant
July 14th, 2008, 04:24 AM
I thought it was the job of their marketing team to see the direction they need to take. they have ripped people of alot of moneys, they don't need a push. Their boat has an engine..,.

... and the crossover of Adobe's userbase with Linux's userbase doesn't provide enough fuel for that engine and probably won't for a long time.

dracule
July 14th, 2008, 05:53 AM
If you make your living with GIMP and need that functionality, then pay a developer $600 to give you that feature.

People do it all the time.

Im sure that a Gimp dev could be swayed (or strongly motivated) by that much. probably even less.

and think of it this way:

you donate to Gimp, get the feature you want -> that feature goes to everybody. everybody wins.

you buy CS3. Adobe makes money, and people who cant afford photoshop dont get anything.