PDA

View Full Version : pSX is the best program EVER!!!!

Lord Xeb
July 13th, 2008, 01:03 PM
It plays just about every playstation game out there and I do not even need to bother with a memory card :D I just pop in the CD, click "Insert CD drive" and it starts to play the game. SO COOL!!!!

Just to let you know, for those who are thinking of using a wireless Xbox 360 controller for pSX, don't. It will not work. You are better off using the wired Xbox 360 controller or a controller built for a computer.

Also, Star Ocean 2 is one of the best games of all times :D

barbedsaber
July 13th, 2008, 01:07 PM
PSX2 is the best program EVER, it plays ps2 games the same way PSX does!
getdeb is the place to be.

madjr
July 13th, 2008, 02:02 PM
It plays just about every playstation game out there and I do not even need to bother with a memory card :D I just pop in the CD, click "Insert CD drive" and it starts to play the game. SO COOL!!!!

Just to let you know, for those who are thinking of using a wireless Xbox 360 controller for pSX, don't. It will not work. You are better off using the wired Xbox 360 controller or a controller built for a computer.

wow i will try the Star Ocean series

do you recommend starting with Star Ocean 2 or with a prior release?

am more into the story and overall experience :)

Lord Xeb
July 13th, 2008, 02:31 PM
You should try SO first but it doesn't matter. SO2 is easier to find but is still rather rare.... Also, for the PS2, you should try SO3: till the end of time. IT IS FREAKING HUGE!!! There is an optional boss that has 20 MILLION HP and can kill your entire party (even if they are at max level, which is 255) in one hit. The boss is Freya from Valkyrie Profiles >_> Also, you can play VP on here too. But good luck finding it. It sells for 75+ USD on ebay

VitaLiNux
July 13th, 2008, 04:44 PM
@LordXeb:

Two questions:

Does it play original games? If so, what does one need?

Originally Posted by Lord Xeb

It plays just about every playstation game out there and I do not even need to bother with a memory card I just pop in the CD, click "Insert CD drive" and it starts to play the game. SO COOL!!!!

and I got this adapter to use PSX controllers (http://www.mayflash.com/pc/pc038/pc038-1.htm), but I haven't made it function properly. Don't you know how to work it out?

init1
July 13th, 2008, 06:22 PM

Funny you'd mention that, I got my PS1 out today for the first time in 5 years :D
Of course, I only have 1, maybe 2 games so that emulator wouldn't be very useful to me.

Kingsley
July 13th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Do you mean ePSXe?

NightCrawler03X
July 15th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Correction: pSX is the best psx emulator ever.

If you're talking about GNU/Linux operating systems, the GNU C Compiler is the best program ever.

the_darkside_986
July 15th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Last time I tried a PSX emulator, I recalled that it plays games at a much better frame rate than the original PSX hardware. Same with N64 emulators.

Canis familiaris
July 15th, 2008, 06:38 PM
If You're Talking About Gnu/linux Operating Systems, The Gnu C Compiler Is The Best Program Ever.
+1

StOoZ
July 15th, 2008, 07:10 PM
+1

I would go with g++ :)

NightCrawler03X
July 16th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Well, that's what you prefer so I'm not going to argue. But C++ is a lousy language. I almost always either code in C or x86 assembler.

Lord Xeb
July 17th, 2008, 10:15 AM
@LordXeb:

Two questions:

Does it play original games? If so, what does one need?

and I got this adapter to use PSX controllers (http://www.mayflash.com/pc/pc038/pc038-1.htm), but I haven't made it function properly. Don't you know how to work it out?

You are better off getting a gampad for the PC that is USB. Also, make sure that there are NOT two different modes. That will make it so you can use both analog and the direction buttons much easier. Also, I used jscalibrator to get my gamepad to work. So far, I have had no problems with compatability issues as long as you have all 3 bios sets. These will ensure that there will be not compatibility issues with your games. If one game doesn't work with one set, use another. That is what I have done and I have no problems. Legend of dragoon didn't work on the 7509 set so I used the 1001 instead.
I will attach them to this post for you >_>

Also, it will play orginals. Star Ocean 2, final fantasy, etc. it plays them there are like maybe 20-30 that do not like it very much. So far, I have been playing legend of dragoon and MSG at 50-60+ FPS :D. Also, you create a mem card in the memorycard folder, format it with a game and save. Done and done. Now you do not have a limit on the number of mem cards you can have. Also, the only thing that I recomment is that you do not Use VSYNC in the graphics section since it will wack out everything.

Here is a controller that will work nicely... I think: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826127207

I do not know how to get the PS2 controlers to work. Sorry.

Canis familiaris
July 17th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I would go with g++ :)

gcc compiles C++ too. g++ calls gcc only.

Lord Xeb
July 17th, 2008, 11:22 AM
This is very true
I do about 60 FPS

visionaire
July 17th, 2008, 06:55 PM
where is the psx2 emulator i can't find it for ubuntu?

NightCrawler03X
July 21st, 2008, 04:31 PM
pSX and pS2 are both included in the same program.
When running pSX from terminal use a -2 switch to get ps2 emulation (though I've heard it's not very good at the moment, and only really offers support for the bios screen).

dracule
July 21st, 2008, 05:33 PM

why wont a wireless controller work? I use my wireless controller in every single emulator I use in linux. It works just as good if not better than a wired controller and you dont have to mess with the cord.

it gets put on JS0 so all programs can use it.

I think that you just set it up improperly.

VitaLiNux
July 27th, 2008, 09:27 PM
You are better off getting a gampad for the PC that is USB. Also, make sure that there are NOT two different modes. That will make it so you can use both analog and the direction buttons much easier. Also, I used jscalibrator to get my gamepad to work. So far, I have had no problems with compatability issues as long as you have all 3 bios sets. These will ensure that there will be not compatibility issues with your games. If one game doesn't work with one set, use another. That is what I have done and I have no problems. Legend of dragoon didn't work on the 7509 set so I used the 1001 instead.
I will attach them to this post for you >_>

Also, it will play orginals. Star Ocean 2, final fantasy, etc. it plays them there are like maybe 20-30 that do not like it very much. So far, I have been playing legend of dragoon and MSG at 50-60+ FPS :D. Also, you create a mem card in the memorycard folder, format it with a game and save. Done and done. Now you do not have a limit on the number of mem cards you can have. Also, the only thing that I recomment is that you do not Use VSYNC in the graphics section since it will wack out everything.

Here is a controller that will work nicely... I think: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826127207

I do not know how to get the PS2 controlers to work. Sorry.
Thanks, Lord Xeb! I'd see if I buy another one, after all...