PDA

View Full Version : omg i juist saw linux

slaming
July 13th, 2008, 08:12 AM
yeasterday i went to a crnival and 3 floats back what did i see a whole bunch of linux it was amazing i should have taken a photo but i had no phone or nufin oh well they won so they might be in the paper if they are i'll put down a link

p_quarles
July 13th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Umm, what? Were the elephants running on Linux or something? Your description of the situation isn't very clear.

Eisenwinter
July 13th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Umm, what? Were the elephants running on Linux or something? Your description of the situation isn't very clear.
+1.

Proper use of punctuation will make it clearer.

grossaffe
July 13th, 2008, 09:07 AM
maybe he meant lions. lions would be cool to see on a float. oh, and tigers. no sense in having one and not the other.

LaRoza
July 13th, 2008, 09:10 AM
maybe he meant lions. lions would be cool to see on a float. oh, and tigers. no sense in having one and not the other.

Tigers are bigger. Might as well have bears also. Oh my!

p_quarles
July 13th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Why not both (http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/l/ligers.htm) at the same time?

-grubby
July 13th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Umm, what? Were the elephants running on Linux or something?

Due to this quote I will be forced to make a book of famous Ubuntu Forums quotes

p_quarles
July 13th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Due to this quote I will be forced to make a book of famous Ubuntu Forums quote
I'll be here all night. Be sure to try the porterhouse.

kdcoetzee
July 13th, 2008, 09:28 AM
maybe he meant penguins lots and lots of penguins.

barbedsaber
July 13th, 2008, 09:54 AM
it was probably a dead badger.

ChameleonDave
July 13th, 2008, 10:15 AM
I presume he means Tux.

On that note, I'll mention the cookery book that I saw at my local supermarket the other day. It had a cake on the front cover in the shape of a penguin. It was obviously Tux. There was no attribution! As it happens though, the designer of Tux was lax in his licensing.

barbedsaber
July 13th, 2008, 10:18 AM
I presume he means Tux.

On that note, I'll mention the cookery book that I saw at my local supermarket the other day. It had a cake on the front cover in the shape of a penguin. It was obviously Tux. There was no attribution! As it happens though, the designer of Tux was lax in his licensing.

I saw that once, bloody womens weekly.

ChameleonDave
July 13th, 2008, 10:34 AM
I saw that once, bloody womens weekly.
Ah, that's the one! I saw it in Coles, on Chapel St, Melbourne.

Here's a photo I found on a blog (http://davehall.com.au/blog/dave/2007/08/02/tux-cake)!

http://davehall.com.au/images/tux-cake.jpg

Bloody rip-off!

lukjad007
October 26th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Maybe it was lynx?

d_skillz
October 26th, 2008, 05:40 PM
I think he saw Tux

MaxIBoy
October 26th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Maybe they were showing compiz off with a projector.

Sarcasm... I ruins it.

lukjad007
October 26th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Maybe they were showing compiz off with a projector.

Sarcasm... I ruins it.
Translation:
He saw a cat using a computer. If a cat were that smart, it would be using Linux.