PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unable to find Biostar Drivers

summersyn
July 13th, 2008, 12:29 AM
I am very interested in installing Ubuntu to get away from the hassles of Windows XP, even tho I will be dual booting. Either way, I (thankfully) decided to make sure all of my hardware would be compatible with Ubuntu. I was able to find my Video Drivers without fail, however I could not find full support for my Motherboard. I have a Biostar NF4 Ultra-A9A. I was able to find ethernet drivers, however I also need to use the onboard audio drivers, as well as the USB 2.0. I searched all I could, to no avail. If anyone can assist, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you...

overdrank
July 13th, 2008, 12:36 AM
I am very interested in installing Ubuntu to get away from the hassles of Windows XP, even tho I will be dual booting. Either way, I (thankfully) decided to make sure all of my hardware would be compatible with Ubuntu. I was able to find my Video Drivers without fail, however I could not find full support for my Motherboard. I have a Biostar NF4 Ultra-A9A. I was able to find ethernet drivers, however I also need to use the onboard audio drivers, as well as the USB 2.0. I searched all I could, to no avail. If anyone can assist, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you...

Hi and welcome, I take it that the sound and usb are not working? You could use the command in the terminal
lspci and this will identify your hardware and you can search for solutions then.

werries
July 13th, 2008, 01:29 AM
I take it you havent installed. Try to see if you hardware works out of the box.
Have you tried booting a LiveCD?

logos34
July 13th, 2008, 02:45 AM
It'll work out of the box. I have a TForce with same Realtek LAN and audio