PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 8.04.1 Blank screen during install

Bristol Fashion
July 12th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Hi all,

I have been trying to install 8.04.1 i386 using the live CD, but every time i select install from the first menu i get a progress loading screen then my screen goes blank and cuts out but the install seems to continue as my computer continues to read the disk. I have tried running from the live cd and the same thing happens with ubuntu starting in the background (I can hear the starting music).I suspect its something to do with my graphics card (Radeon x1950pro). I have checked the disk for errors and its fine can some one please help? Thanks in advance!

overdrank
July 13th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Hi all,

I have been trying to install 8.04.1 i386 using the live CD, but every time i select install from the first menu i get a progress loading screen then my screen goes blank and cuts out but the install seems to continue as my computer continues to read the disk. I have tried running from the live cd and the same thing happens with ubuntu starting in the background (I can hear the starting music).I suspect its something to do with my graphics card (Radeon x1950pro). I have checked the disk for errors and its fine can some one please help? Thanks in advance!

HI and welcome, have you tried using the option F4 and use safe graphics mode?

Bristol Fashion
July 13th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the reply overdrank. I have tryed to run the Install in safe graphics mode but the same thing happens as before, the loading screen appears and once finished my screen goes blank and the screen cuts out.

wpshooter
July 13th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Try the ALTERNATE (text based) CD version.