PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu - evolution- exchange

captainkirk
July 12th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I am novice hear, learing as I go. we are starting to use ubuntu out in our warehouses, enjoy picking this up.

I was quite happy to get IBM client access working on ubuntu, but now I have an issue trying to setup email via evolution.

we are running exchange 2003 for email.
I have configued the evolution mail client several times now, keep running into the same issue.

I put in the username and password, then the address used for Outlook Web Access.

I am able to open the mailbox, and I can send emails, but I never receive a single email.

if I login with outlook web access on the ubuntu machine I see the emails in the inbox, but they never show up in the evolution inbox.

I cannot see any issues, I mean I am able to send emails, but I never receive any.

can someone give me an idea where to look for this issue?

I am pretty certain I have the settings correct, just type in the owa address that you would use internally, but still only send email, never receive.

jimbren
July 13th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Do you have your mail filtering into sub-folders? If you do, I don't think you'll see them appear in Evolution. I have tried it a few times, and this has always been the deal breaker for me. I only have a fraction of my mail land in the Inbox, everything else goes directly into sub-folders.

It sounds like you're not receiving anything at all in Evoution, which is different from my situation. But if you're using server-side filters that you set up in Outlook, you might want to try disabling them.

Reply and let me know if I'm close or if that was it, because I wouldn't mind taking another poke at it myself.

jimbo

captainkirk
July 14th, 2008, 12:33 PM
no, that isnt the problem.

brand new mailbox I just setup for the user, no folders other than inbox.

If you have any further suggestions please let me know.