PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem in installation

q8ytop
July 12th, 2008, 07:08 PM
hi there i buy new PC with two HDD i install in the first one windows xp and i try to install in the second ubuntu 8.04 disktop edtion but i have got this problem when i booting from ubuntu CD and evry thing is good i select ths installation language in is Engilsh and thant i select the second choice it is install ubuntu it is take me to page that ubuntu logo and orange loding that the boot stop and take me to black screen with this words

loading, please wait ...
linux ubuntu 2.6.24-19-generit #1 SMP wed Jun 18 14:43:41 UTC 2008 1686

The programs included with the ubuntu system are free software:
the exact distribution terms of each program are described in the individual files in /usr/share/dot/*/copyright.

ubuntu comes with ABDOLUTELY NO WARANTY.

To access afficial ubuntu documentation, please visit:
http://help.ubuntu.com

To run acommand as adminstrator ( user "root" ).
use "sudo <command>". see "man sudo_root" for details.

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ _

now what can i do to make full installation

Notis: i have got two HDD SATA and i try to install the ubuntu in to the second one:(

and this is some Photo to know what i am talking about

hal8000
July 12th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Just wondered if you accidentally downloaded the Ubuntu Alternate CD.
On the second picture (from left) you have the option to press F4 for alternate installation.

This was missing on my Ubuntu CD, the alternate CD I think does boot to console mode, (someone will correct me if Im wrong).

Here is the page you should have downloaded from:
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

avtolle
July 12th, 2008, 07:28 PM
The alternate cd does not boot to console mode, unless the option to install only a CLI system is selected. Wondering, though, if the OP d/l and installed the minimum install CD?

EDIT: No, not the alternate CD nor the minimal install CD; else there wouldn't be the first option listed.

Looks like a corrupt download/disk burn. To the OP: did you do a md5sum check on the iso after it was downloaded and before burning to CD? How did you burn to CD, that is, you burned as an image, hopefully at a slow speed (4x), and did you check the CD for defects?

q8ytop
July 12th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Just wondered if you accidentally downloaded the Ubuntu Alternate CD.
On the second picture (from left) you have the option to press F4 for alternate installation.

This was missing on my Ubuntu CD, the alternate CD I think does boot to console mode, (someone will correct me if Im wrong).

Here is the page you should have downloaded from:
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

thanks for reply but i download the ubuntu from this site and make is as image cd and i install this cd in other PC it is work good and make full install but the problem from my PC and i donot know what is or where is the problem

q8ytop
July 12th, 2008, 07:43 PM
woow i try to change the mode by preasing the F4 and select the choice number 3 is loud the grafic mode to install

thank you very much for your help and i will make the full installation now if there are no more problems thank you