PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] > Unbuntu Installation Problems!

DLLN
July 12th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Alright I tried to install Ubuntu in my local E drive which hasn't been used at all yet. Something went wrong so i wanted to uninstall Ubuntu from add and remove in windows. I did that and when i rebooted Ubuntu still booted up. Then i went to windows and looked at the Properties of my Local E and it now says its 15Gb(which was the amount i assigned for the Ubuntu OS) and before the drive was 104Gb. WHAT THE HELL, where did all the hard dirve space and my didn't Ubuntu unstall?? I still would like to run Ubuntu when i sort this out. Can i just format my local drive E with out affecting my Drice C which has all my windows files on it.

THANKS

avtolle
July 12th, 2008, 06:40 PM
How did you install Ubuntu on the E drive? Wubi, or an install directly from the installation CD (not Wubi, a/k/a "Install Under Windows")? If the latter, you can format the partition to remove Ubuntu. If the former, have you looked at the Wubi Users Guide for correct removal procedures?

DLLN
July 12th, 2008, 06:48 PM
I installed from a disc in windows. So if i format the E drive it will go back to being 104Gbs? I havent read the user guide, but how would you suggest to reunistall Unbuntu on My Drive E once it has been formatted, use wubi or the disc?

Thanks

avtolle
July 12th, 2008, 06:50 PM
I think I need a bit of clarification (due to the lack thereof in my original questions to you). Let's keep it simple; the answer to the first question appears to be that you did "install under Windows", which is by a program known as Wubi. Is this correct?

EDIT: If this is correct, see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WubiGuide#head-7cd5a1eda23f1e9960c28ef3a2f4e8645c5ea87d for uninstalling.

DLLN
July 12th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Ok i see sorry. I installed it under windows.

avtolle
July 12th, 2008, 07:10 PM
No need to format the partition, then; in fact doing so might foul up your Windows installation. Look at the link added by edit to my prior post; if using Add/Remove under Windows didn't work, there are some other options provided you.

DLLN
July 13th, 2008, 03:06 AM
I don't know somethings really messed up! I did this "In Windows XP you need to edit C:\boot.ini and delete the Ubuntu/Wubi line." But the line wasn't there! I unistalled it from add and remove but when i boot up it's still there as an OS option. But theres more then just one Ubuntu OS to choose from, there's about five options two of them say recovered or something in brackets. I Formatted the Local E and there still there. And the Drive E stills says that it's 15Gb instead of 104Gb!!