PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] [SOLVED] KDE windows keep minimizing (sort of)

twistedtwig
July 11th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Hi all,

Not sure what it is called but my windows keep dissapearing. Please see the screenshot attached.

It is on the top left of the screen, (I have two monitors). when I put my mouse over the title bar of it at the top it appears, but when I move my mouse of it, it will hide again..

How do I stop this.. its driving me mad.

Thank you.

Tried to google it but don't really know how to describe it to find an answer.

Thanks

twistedtwig
July 11th, 2008, 11:29 PM
It was (I think) becauase I had double clicked it at the top.. when I double clicked it again it stopped... didn't notice I had done that before so never thought of checking it.

benerivo
July 11th, 2008, 11:39 PM
What you experienced has something to do with the way you can either set the 'double click on title bar' to either maximise that window or 'shade' it (where it stays on the desktop, but only the title bar is visible). In kde (from what i can remember), when a window is shaded, it reveals itself when the cursor hovers over the title bar. Check your settings in the kde control centre, in the window management section, specifically the bit about double clicking on the title bar.

PS - just noticed you fixed it but i thought i'd post this reply anyway if it helps anyone else...